Plugin for Max 2010, 2011, and 2012 released

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Plugin for Max 2010, 2011, and 2012 released

Postby Lehm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Think I may have found a bug. Anything I put the animation component on causes the export feature to hang. max 2010.
Lehm

Postby Branan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:45 pm

There have been a couple of bug reports since the last build. I just wanted you all to know that I have seen them, and they're on my TODO list. I want to spend some time working on other bits of Plasma than the plugin for a while - switching around helps keep it from getting tedious and frustrating. When I start putting cycles into the plugin again, the issues posted here will be at the top of my list.

Manpower is really limited - it's mostly Hoikas and myself who have done Plugin work, and he's been super busy with school this term. That leaves me, and as I said I want to avoid getting too frustrated working on the plugin. I wish there were more of us and we could address these issues quickly and still have people to work on the rest of Plasma, but unfortunately that's just not in the cards right now.

Do keep posting bugs as you find them, and I'll add them to the list.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Karkadann » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:27 am

this isnt exactly a bug, But one thing I did notice about the plugins for Max 7 is the settings for Friction and bounce on terrain and proxy terrain seemed to have been disabled, also Ex vehicle does not seem to work either, any chance on getting these working in the new plugins somewhere down the line
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Paradox » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Karkadann wrote:Ex vehicle does not seem to work either, any chance on getting these working in the new plugins somewhere down the line

Vehicles do not exist in the MOULa codebase, they were heavily dependent on Havok.

In general, any component that starts with Ex is ignored at export (like the inventory items, vehicles, and ladder components).
Paradox

Postby GPNMilano » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:43 am

Paradox wrote:In general, any component that starts with Ex is ignored at export (like the inventory items, vehicles, and ladder components).

Not "in general" the only ones that don't export right or at all are the vehicle and inventory components. (Ex)Ladder Component works fine. It's in fact how you make ladders in Uru. And the oneshots in the plugin are labeled (ex)OneShot. There's also a few physic components (ex)CameraBlocker and (ex)InvisibleBlocker that export. Though some parts of these seem to be broken as they export the same settings regardless if you change them, for a few of their settings. Others settings on them work fine.
You can't stop the truth. IC Blog
GPNMilano

Postby andylegate » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:24 pm

I can confirm what GPNMilano posted.

If I remember correctly (and I might be wrong), Friction and Bounce can only be changed on Simple Physics objects (IE Kickables), for obvious reasons. All though I could have sworn that friction could be changed for terrain and it would work...but it's been a long time since I tried messing with it.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Karkadann » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:43 pm

I tried using the Friction setting on terrain trying to make a corkscrew slide unfortunately I could not get it to work, also with ladders using the tutorials available I made a ladder in Max and it still vanished although it still worked so I had to use a separate collider. So I dont think its a conflict between Blender and max.

did not wanna bump up a zombie thread so
Edit to add

I found out friction bounce and mass on the simples component of coarse effect the simples, friction and bounce on the terrain and proxy terrain although a bit difficult to chance also seem to effect only the simples, however the walkable component produces a proxy terrain and the friction and bounce effect the avatar. it was kinda interesting having a floor of ice and walls of rubber something worth trying if you get board and wanna ice skate in a rubber room :D :lol: :roll:
Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Lehm » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Branan wrote:There have been a couple of bug reports since the last build. I just wanted you all to know that I have seen them, and they're on my TODO list. I want to spend some time working on other bits of Plasma than the plugin for a while - switching around helps keep it from getting tedious and frustrating. When I start putting cycles into the plugin again, the issues posted here will be at the top of my list.

Manpower is really limited - it's mostly Hoikas and myself who have done Plugin work, and he's been super busy with school this term. That leaves me, and as I said I want to avoid getting too frustrated working on the plugin. I wish there were more of us and we could address these issues quickly and still have people to work on the rest of Plasma, but unfortunately that's just not in the cards right now.

Do keep posting bugs as you find them, and I'll add them to the list.

I certainly appreciate everything that you have done so far. Its your time, spend it on what you want to do with the engine. Plugin development might be slow, but at least we're at the point of something happening.
Lehm

Postby Corvus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:04 am

I tested the plugin for Max 2012. I noticed that the component for "Water" is missing in the component manager.

I was using a test age that was made in Max 7. When I open it in Max 12 I get this error:

But anyway, after reassigning the textures I could successfully export (leaving out the waveset).
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby cskid13 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:40 pm

I keep getting the same error messages about plasma not being a valid win32 application with the 2012 plugin. Nothing anyone suggested earlier in the thread has worked for me.
cskid13

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News