R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn Released

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn Released

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:41 am

It is my honor and privilege to announce the new age R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn

If you have played the age Rahsoo Bahrotan, you are already familiar with the introduction to our new age creation. That age was simple and easy; R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn is not. There are now true puzzles, traps and rewards.

All of you here have heard Yeesha's Siren call. And if you have ever played Myst or Riven, you know Atrus, Catherine, Yeesha, Achenar and Sirrus. In those stories you, as The Stranger, were able to rescue and save Atrus and then Catherine. In Myst you traveled through 5 ages to perform your rescue of Atrus and in our creation you will again travel within 5 different ages to recover that which has been stolen.

We have done our best to stay true to the style of Myst, Riven and URU. In URU you had to run, jump and climb to solve puzzles; nothing has changed.

In URU you saw the avarice and cowardice within the dead, and in Fehnir House you saw how the brave died. Now you will see how the brave honor their hero. And maybe learn a little bit more, about a culture that actually exists.

There were 4 people involved in the crafting of this Age:

Calena - Age Builder
Dustin – The Reward (nope, no hint as to what it will be)
Wamduskasapa - Music, SFX, Journals, Puzzle Design
Tachzusamm - Python coding, Technical advice
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Re: R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn Released

Postby Corvus » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:04 pm

A new age to explore, how exciting! My first impression: this is amazing! I'm in the forest now and found some of the animals I love most (not hard to guess I think ;) ). Thank you to the team, I'm looking forward to an entertaining evening.
"To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."

-Wallace Stevens-
Corvus

Postby dendwaler » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 pm

I second that! .....what Corvus said.
I also am in the wood, and discovered a few things,
All I see around there is stunning beautifull.

Congratulations Calena and the whole team with delivering another fine crafted age.
(Running back to RoshanhninKorvahkhn now, to solve the puzzles.)

Great work!
:D
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby ametist » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:03 am

Thank you all for this wondeful place! And what a nice surprise to find a new age to explore :). Lots to look at, nice views all over, it's great!
ametist

Postby oldmanjob » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:14 am

How do I get on this new age as it does not show up in the Nexus?
oldmanjob

Postby wodan944 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:03 am

You did all a good job.
I like the atmosphere in this Age, the shadows and lighting.
The forest is beautiful.

:) :)
Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.

Edward De Bono
wodan944

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:13 am

@ oldmanjob - Offline there are 3 ways to get to R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn (I have all ages loaded)

In the Nexus I just click Restoration Links - Then the Bottom arrow 64 times - it is the bottom Entry (R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn)

or

In the Nexus just click Restoration Links - then Name - Then the Bottom arrow 40 times - it is the bottom Entry (R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn)

or

You could just type "/link RoshanhninKorvahkhn"

EDIT: ON The UAM Shard the Linking Book is in your Relto on the Bottom Shelf
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wamduskasapa

Postby Calena » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:15 am

oldmanjob wrote:How do I get on this new age as it does not show up in the Nexus?

Right now, the age is available on the UAM shard or offline through Drizzle. If you've already downloaded it through Drizzle, follow Wamduskasapa's advice. We're waiting to hear from diafero to get it up and running on the Deep Island shard.

@Corvus - did you read the journal located underneath your favorites? Wamduskasapa shares a beautiful story about them ;) .
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby oldmanjob » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks for the help, but i see what my problem is in that I do not have the UAM shard or Drizzle, as this old brain of mine could not figure out how to down load Drizzle. And i have no idea how to get the UAM shard. I am lucky that I can switch on my laptop :o :lol: So I will have to wait on the DI upload.
oldmanjob

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:54 am

LOL - For those Poor Souls that have not yet downloaded Drizzle it may be found here at http://sourceforge.net/projects/drizzle/
BTW - You will need to also have Java Loaded and it can be found here at http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

EDIT: see http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/Drizzle on how to setup and use Drizzle
EDIT2: with Windows 7 Ultimate you should download and install both 32 bit and 64 bit Java
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wamduskasapa

Next

Return to General Discussion