Converting CC Ages for use with MOUL/CWE

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Converting CC Ages for use with MOUL/CWE

Postby andylegate » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:25 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to post this as part of my question is dealing with PyPRP 2.0, but the topic is also dealing with MOUL/CWE engines. If need be, Mods please by all means move this.

As per this post over on the MOUL forums, http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 3&start=19 , Age Creators in the community may wish to start converting over their Uru:CC/Alcugs Ages to the MOUL/CWE format.

For Max users, this is a piece of cake of course, as they simply need to use their directly exported Age files instead of converting them with Drizzle as the plugin for Max is for MOUL:a format anyways.

For the Blender users on the other hand, especially PyPRP 1.6.x people, this could be problematic. Exporting from Blender via FBX format solves getting any Age from Blender to Max, and now with OS, you all have provided later versions of Max with a compatible plugin.

Unfortunately, some people will still be without Max, and even those who do have it, will have to take what they have exported from Blender, and wire it all up again.

I was wondering if PyPRP 2.0 will have a MOUL format export option? And if so, how far along is it? Last post I could find on here says it is still in Beta.

While it looked to me (again, just my perception) that PyPRP 1.6.x for Blender 2.49b and earlier was being "put to rest" and development on PyPRP 2.0 for the next gen of Blender was being concentrated on, has anyone given any thought of possibly making one last update to PyPRP 1.6.x that would at least allow for a MOUL/CWE format export option?

Yah, I know, there's like only 3 or 4 of you, and the work of 40 needing to be done. But I thought it would not hurt to ask, as being able to export directly from Blender to the MOUL/CWE format would be much easier for people than trying to convert it over in other ways. That way people with Ages they have finished with Blender 2.49b and earlier, would be able to simply export again with the new format, and have their Ages ready for MOUL/CWE type shards.

Just thought I would ask, as after doing any tutorials on this subject will more than likely be my last contribution to the Uru community, as I'm moving on to other SDK's, especially Valve's SDK for Team Fortress 2.
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Re: Converting CC Ages for use with MOUL/CWE

Postby Luna » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:30 am

PyPrp 2 has a export function already for the MOUL engine, but at github I have seen little development in the last month(s). And as the release version currently is you cannot really make ages with it as all(?
) interactivity is still missing ( buttons, journals etc. most of the things that used to be done in alcscript).
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby andylegate » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:18 am

I've updated my tutorial on moving your Age from Blender and into 3ds Max with links for the plugins and tools that you will need, depending upon the version of 3ds Max that you have. This tutorial pretty much covers what you need to do to convert an Age that you made in Blender using PyPRP 1.6.x from the POTS/Uru:CC format to MOUL ready format, which at this time is to get it from Blender to Max. Everything else that you need to do, once in Max, is spelled out in all my other tutorials for creating Ages in Max, as you will have to "rewire" the Age again (as the ALC scripting in Blender is not converted over).

I apologize to those that are interested in doing this with their Ages that they have made for the work that is going to be involved and wish there was an easier way, such as simply porting your blend file over from Blender 2.49b with the PyPRP 1.6.x plugin to the newer version of Blender and the PyPRP 2.0 plugin, but from what I've seen posted here, there are problems with doing that (crashes apparently), and the fact that PyPRP 2.0 is still in beta and not finished yet. Hopefully at some point in the future this will all be finished and you will have a much easier time getting anything you have made in Blender converted over.

In the mean time, the good news is there is a way to convert what you have, even if you don't have 3ds Max, you can plan ahead: plan for 30 days that you'll have time, download the trial version of Max (free for 30 days), and get your Age converted in that time. That's a short amount of time, but if you plan ahead, and understand what you need to get done, it is possible to do.

Here are the links:

Going From Blender To Max

Going From Blender To Max mirror
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 am

Andy I wish to thank-you SO - VERY MUCH!!!
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Calena » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Andy, from everything I've read and studied, the only thing that makes real sense is to wait till the MOUL server is up and then maybe the devs will have time to complete development on pyPRP 2.0. For those of us that are still learning the building process, it seems the enormous amount of time and effort needed to convert our ages would be better spent re-fining our skills.

I'm not in any particular hurry personally. This is all done for fun in my spare time. If I could get onto the Mystonline forum, I would thank Chogon though. Thanks to his endorsement, I FINALLY made a believer out of my concept artist of choice (my son). The opportunity to work on a project with him is why I started this whole thing. THANKS CHOGON!!!!
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Return to Plasma Development