Changing the startup / personal age

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Changing the startup / personal age

Postby EccentricOne » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:07 pm

On and off, I've been playing around with my own sandbox server and the like, and I am wondering if anyone knows of a fairly simple way to change the startup age (such as from Relto to the Neighborhood - not changing "Startup.age"). Also, is there a way to change the personal age to a different place? I am not a programmer or age developer, but I am tech savy so I can easily change lines of code if someone tells me what to do.

I tried changing stuff in "plNetCommon.h", but that seemed to just break things. Maybe some of this is actually server-side stuff.
EccentricOne

Re: Changing the startup / personal age

Postby Branan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:44 pm

The age linked to after StartUp is controlled in the StartUp python. I don't recall precisely which file, unfortunately.

If you want to change the personal age to something besides Relto, you'll probably have to change things in several locations. I'd be careful messing with that, though - there's C++ code to handle the personal SDL as a special thing in other ages, so you might have to do some major surgery to make it all work right.
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Christopher » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:10 am

The file which controls in which age you are linked after the startup.age is called xDialogStartUp.py. In the def "OnAccountUpdate there is a line "ageInfo.setAgeFilename("Personal")". This line controlls in which age you are linked. I can't say which line it is, because I did some major changes on my startup.age.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby EccentricOne » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:03 am

Thanks for the help! I had checked the main Python file for the startup age, but not the xDialogStartUp.py file. That's the main thing I was curious about. I look forward to trying it out.

Now that I think about it, changing the personal age probably would be a big job. I probably won't be attempting that. :)

UPDATE: I tried it out and it worked great! It even kept me from having a Relto book. BTW, I mentioned in my first post that messing with plNetCommon.h broke stuff. It turns out I actually had an unrelated issue with the server causing the problem so I am not sure what those changes would have actually done. I did not bother to try again since the Python changes did what I wanted. Thanks again for the help!
EccentricOne

Return to Plasma Development