Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:26 am

The Offline KI brings the KI and other changes you are used to from UU and MOUL to your CC/TPOTS game. It allows you to reach fan ages and Cyan ages converted by Drizzle (from MOUL, Myst V or any of the other supported games): All of them are integrated into the existing environment. In addition, it lets you create and play marker missions and use flymode to inspect ages. It features a lot of KI commands useful while developing and debugging ages. On Alcugs Shards, it also fixes a lot of multiplayer issues.

Version 3.7 of my Offline KI is now available for download from the DI UAM: The recommended way to install it is to properly set up your UAM. DI-Shard already has it installed. You can download the Python source code, too.
The changes of this release are as follows:

- The wall in Gahreesen now works! (all the credits go to Sirius)
- Add support for UAM-style custom Relto pages (so you do not need the UAM KI plugin for this)
- Offline KI no longer depends on the "patch TPOTS" functionality of Drizzle, it contains all data it needs itself
- /jump now always jumps "upwards", seen from the avatar (thanks to tachzusamm for the idea)
- The links I had to fix now use the proper book-touch animation (thanks to D'Lanor)
- Automatically hide and show the menorah and the Christmas tree on Shards (thanks to D'Lanor)
- Fix a bug that made the growing tree in Relto disappear
- Fixed Relto imager (thanks to Sirius for the prp fix)
- Fixed Kadish pillars in case the MOUL aditions did not get converted (good catch, Sirius)
- Fix /a to work properly when the avatar is in a subworld
- Fix the delay of the autolink on game startup

If you are an age writer and want to create a cover for your book or a linking picture for your age, please read the technical documentation for further information.

I hope you enjoy it, please let me know if there are any problems (though it is also always nice to hear things are working properly :) )
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Postby janaba » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:16 pm

This is awesome ... Thanks, diafero and all involved ... :P

Will we have to convert the new 905 MOUL files again? ... :)
janaba

Postby diafero » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:45 pm

This is an update for the Offline KI, not Drizzle. So the conversion of files from MOUL, Myst V, etc. is not affected by the update - just the part done by the Offline KI (making these ages actually work by adding the Python scripts, making the available from the city/hood/Relto, and so on).
Or, to put it short: No. Nothing needs to be re-converted. Just download the update with Drizzle, and re-run SoundDecompress (there are some sound files added for the wall).
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 pm

I just climbed 'The Wall' !!! ... :shock: ... That is absolutely stunningly awesome!!! ... /cheer ... :)

I've converted MOUL btw. and everything is ok so far, but thanks for the clarification,
sometimes I still mix that up ...

The other fixes I'll try out over the weekend ... See you all tomorrow for the stress test ... :P
janaba

Postby Darien » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 pm

I've noticed I can't use my Relto book in Relto using 3.7. Anyone else having this problem?

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I love being able to climb the wall in CC! :)
Darien

Postby Annabelle » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Ohh yes!!! I forgot to mention a big issue with Offline KI 3.7

I deleted it and re-installed Offline KI 3.6.1

Here's the issue:

After installing Offline KI 3.7: This is what I see in my Nexus under Restoration Links

I know it's rather small here on this picture. It says: "xLinkMgr: The age with filename "R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn" is not available on your PC or on this Shard."

After re-installing Offline KI 3.6.1: the situation is back to normal
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:10 pm

You are also unable to do a direct link to "R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn" using the /link command

EDIT:corrected spelling
EDIT2: Plus all the Fan made Relto Pages are gone
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Charura » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:44 pm

All is good here>nice ty
Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby janaba » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 am

Darien, I also had no Relto book at all (and with it no Relto pages) after the first install of the Offline KI 3.7,
but I attributed it to my own computer offline installation lol, like something must have gone wrong with my
installation ... :P

Like Annabelle, I just downloaded the Offline KI again, but now as she says she downloaded the Offline KI 3.6.1
again, I'm not sure which one it was that I downloaded, but everything was fine afterwards ...

I just experimented and downloaded the Offline KI 3.7. and everything, incl. the Relto pages, is gone ...
Then I downloaded the Offline KI 3.6.1 and everything is fine and back again ... So, now you know ... :)

And, Wam, I also tried to link to your beautiful age per /link command and got an error message ...
It tells me that there is no player named 'korvahkhn' ... Hmmm .... I thought, maybe he doesn't like spaces lol ...
The commands have to be written like this /link Roshanhninkorvahkhn and that linked me to that age ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 am

I do not KNOW how you are deleting KI 3.7 BUT I am not able to do that - Drizzle forbids that operation.

@janaba - no good - I did type /link Roshanhninkorvahkhn with the above result. Furthermore "R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn" was set up to be my home linkin point But the error occured when I started my offline installation and sent me to my Relto instead...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Next

Return to Plasma Development