Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Offline KI 3.7: Unleashing the Wall

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:41 am

What you are saying is that the current KI will not support my test age. If this is the case I will no longer update the KI and will instead use KI 3.6.1 for my offline usage..
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:03 am

What I am saying is that the KI never supported what the UAM KI plugin does. It happened to work, and I accidentally broke it with the update to version 3.7. Unfortunately nobody will update the UAM KI plugin anymore, which is a nightmare seeing how bad it works, how it makes expectations that were never guaranteed.
If your test age depends on the KI plugin, then please consider changing that. The plugin is unmaintained and fragile, which is a bad combination. If there are any features you need, please let me know.

However, I think I found the actual problem. I am just uploading an updated version of R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn onto UAM, which removes a single file, so you can test if it works without downloading the update: In the img folder of your Uru installation, delete the subfolder called UamAgeInfo. That will not fix the plugin, but the buggy part of the plugin will no longer be executed. The new version should appear in UAM within the next 10 minutes.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 am

Hi, diafero and all, I experience the same as Wam except that everything else seems to be ok,
means that Relto is ok with all its pages and I can link everywhere whithout any problems, just
solved the 'Walking Maze' ... :P

As of the wonderful 'R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn' age it is now again listed as Annabelle has depicted
it already, please see on page 1 of this topic/thread, that's why I didn't take a picture this time ...
This age is listed as 'dataserver' and when you try to link there you get the correct book and linking
picture but you'll get that message
"xLinkMgr: The age with filename "R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn" is not available on your PC or on this Shard"

Yeah, that's it so far ... Thanks for your efforts, diafero ... :)
janaba

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:15 am

Please update R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn to version 2012-02-28. That should fix your issues, janaba and Wamduskasapa.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby janaba » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:23 am

Yep, it's back and I can also link to it ... great diafero ... thanks again ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:26 am

Deleting the 2 files in the subfolder UamAgeInfo cured the problem in linking to R'Oshanhnin Korvahkhn and my Test Age. Plus they both now show up in the Nexus.

Thank you
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 am

Phew, that's good :) . I have to thank you, Wamduskasapa, for the logfile which gave me the essential clue how to fix the problem.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Offline KI 3.7: UAM KI Source updated

Postby Falke » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:16 am

Hi Diafero,
diafero wrote:...
EDIT: I found out where that AgeInfo module comes from, obviously it is part of the latest UAM KI plugin, but the source code was never released.

the source for the UAM KI is now up to date.
You can find the changes at http://drizzle.svn.sourceforge.net/view ... lugin/src/.
BR
Falke
http://www.zwischen-handy-und-guavensaft.de - Ein etwas anderer Erfahrungsbericht über das Leben in Kairo.
Fortsetzung http://www.aegyptische-pralinen.de - Viel Vergnügen beim Lesen
A U F A R S - at http://www.aufars.de/uru-ages/
Falke

Postby diafero » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:52 am

Thanks, Falke. The ChatAck module source code is still missing though. I decompiled it and added it to https://gitorious.org/drizzle/drizzle/.

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 pm

I'm not sure what to do reading this thread.

I'll try to fiddle something and see what will happen :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development