Problems with Debug Client

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Problems with Debug Client

Postby Christopher » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:47 am

A few weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows on a new patition. I installed Visual C++ and the runtimes and wanted to work with this partition. My problem is, that every time I compiled a Debug Client and want to start it I get a "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application." I already reinstalled the c++ runtime, but this doesn't fix the problem. I also have the python27_d.dll in my directory. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Christopher
Christopher

Re: Problems with Debug Client

Postby Paradox » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:24 am

Do you have the full Visual Studio environment installed? The only way to get the debug runtime is through installing Visual Studio (or copying files from a machine with Visual Studio). There's no debug runtime installer from Microsoft.
Paradox

Postby Christopher » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:07 am

I installed the full Visual Studio 2010 Professional (except the SQL stuff). Maybe I should try to reinstall Visual Studio.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:33 pm

That's odd. I use the debug client a lot locally, so there's probably something amiss with your build environment or you're missing a dependency somewhere.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Christopher » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:38 am

It seems I lost my ISO from Visual Studio... I have to wait until April to download a new one, to reinstall it. I will report back if it works.

Christopher
Christopher

Return to Plasma Development