CWE testing builds released

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: CWE testing builds released

Postby andylegate » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:00 am

@Paradox: No, I got that part (about not having earlier versions of Max).

I do understand the lack of help/time/people. This was always a small group anyways in years past, so even loosing 1 person due to real life, loosing interest, conflict, whatever, is damaging enough.

Have you all thought about trying to recruit again? I know you have in the past, but it's something you have to keep doing every once in a while if you want to get new people (or people that are not so new, but lurk, they may miss the message).

Then again, I know you all are very protective over the work you do. Hell, I understand that very well. As a content creator, I hesitate to hand over one of my blend files or max files to just anyone. ;) I also know that most of your work is available at places like github, etc, so anyone is free to join in, add stuff and submit it. It's just a problem with getting people to help, and up to speed.

I hate to see people bitter, disenchanted, or just having very low moral. Also @Paradox: You're WAY too young to be such a bitter old man. I can't change how you feel, but I can only point out a lot of things:
I've not seen GoW bashing over at the MOUL forum or in the community in quite a while. Yes, you do have someone here or there that pops up, but nothing like it was. Indeed, I see lots and lots of praises coming out of there. I see good coming out of here too. If you can't shake that bitter feeling, and keep it like a grudge, it will affect everything you do in life. That's not healthy, especially since you still have your whole life in front of you. If you can 't shake it, can't find ANYTHING positive that helps ease that feeling.....then consider leaving and dropping it. I hate to see anyone leave our small community, but if it makes you feel this way, and stay this way, it's just not healthy for you (or anyone for that matter). Those negative feelings can get spread to other people too. I've seen over the years how your posts went from very excited and positive, helping lots of people, to very bitter and depressing. It's depressing for someone like me to see (and I see it a lot in this community unfortunately). So try and do something to shake this feeling, or get away from here if it's here that is causing it dude. Just my advice and opinion, and I hope you find your way out of this dark cloud you've been in for so long.

About older versions of 3ds Max: I have 7, 8, and 9. How can I help? Please don't ask me to give them up to you, because then I won't have them! heheheh. :D But if there is some way I can help, then tell me here, or PM me. I'm sure if there is a way, we can at least get it started.

Oh, and for all those that celebrate it: Happy Thanksgiving! As soon as I post this, I have some pies to bake, and a turkey to cook! Hope you all have a good one!
"I'm still trying to find the plKey for Crud!"
Blender Age Creation Tutorials
3DS Max Age Creation Tutorials
andylegate

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Branan,

would it be possible for you to release shortly after a new build of plClient when Cyan will update MOULa on February 13th?

Thanks

I remember the nightmare of going thru another update in the beginning of June 2011 ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Branan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 am

I'll try to have a build out early next week to match Cyan's 905, yeah
Your friendly neighborhood shard admin
Branan
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:57 pm

:D

Thank you very much!!!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

CWE Testing build released

Postby Lyrositor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 pm

Original post: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25194&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The CWE Testing Build has been updated to 1.906! All the required files (Cyan content excluded) are included at the following address:
http://www.guildofwriters.org/cwe/cwe_906.zip

Instructions:
1. Download the ZIP and extract it somewhere on your computer.
2. Copy the dat and sfx folders from your MO:ULa installation folder to the location where you extracted the files.
3. Launch plclient_moula.vbs to connect to MO:ULa. You might need to run either PhysX_Setup.exe or oalinst.exe before.

Disclaimer:
This client allows for potentially game-breaking power, and with great power comes great responsibility. DO NOT use this client in any Age that's not your private instance OR the Fun House.

Only the internal client (testing client) has been included with this release. The plugin is not included.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby dj_ » Mon May 14, 2012 3:28 pm

FWIW

My attempt to load this on my Older Desktop failed miserably, and took mu normal Moula with it.

That was my XP system. Hardware specs if you want.

On my Win7 older Laptop-Toshiba Sat A105- things are going swimmingly......
dj_

Postby Lyrositor » Mon May 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Hmm, it'll probably be various DLL issues. Make sure you have everything installed. What is the exact error message?

P.S. : I'll be updating the bundle when the next version of MO:ULa comes out (should be in a few weeks).
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Postby dj_ » Tue May 15, 2012 9:07 am

Lyrositor wrote:Hmm, it'll probably be various DLL issues. Make sure you have everything installed. What is the exact error message?

P.S. : I'll be updating the bundle when the next version of MO:ULa comes out (should be in a few weeks).

No error message. Upon invocation, I land in Relto, but from that instant on, I might crash. This is not a normal crash, in either the plclient internal, or the standard Moula the crash requires a POWER OFF from the power supply button...10 second wait time (min) then a fresh boot. Granted I am not the PC whiz I once was, but crashes like this suggest something tried to alter or violate the core codes on the CPU.

Getting it to run at all last week (via the Mystonline forum) you helped me. TY btw. But it was confusing.

I will probably remove all those files, and start fresh. Then report. It is somewhat good as I have nothing important on that PC. Main stuff, and a good working version of both the regualr Moula, and the plcient version are working fine on this laptop. Hard between the two systems, is pretty radically different. And the desktop is running XP home. Laptop is Win7 Ultimate. Unfortunately, my DVD in the desktop will not acknowledge my Win7 DVD.

I do wonder if the CWE version is running on XP home for anyone.
dj_

Postby Lyrositor » Tue May 15, 2012 3:05 pm

I have an XP system, but let's just say it's swimming in a sea a of blue right now. :geek: So, no good for testing.
I really can't help you here. Maybe the new bundle I'll be building soon will fix your issues, maybe not.
So you're saying it happens randomly after you land in Relto?
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor

Postby dj_ » Tue May 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Before I can link out of Relto. For a while, I have given up on that machine..no time to restore everythinjg and start fresh there.

New problem, and I'm guessing most of us are having is the new 912 build released today.

Authentication Failed, please try again.
Disconnected from Myst Online.

Given that before the upgrade to 912 my CWE byild ran fine, and on the client side the CWE build seems very light, it would seem very few files should need to be overwriten in my existing plclient version.

What might they be?
dj_

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development