Persoanal server problems

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Persoanal server problems

Postby Luna » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:22 am

You could try to turn off iptables as root

Code: Select all
iptables off

should do the trick.
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby johnsojc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:32 am

How about a big DUH!?

It finally occured to me that dirtsand should open the port when it runs. Noticing the the lobby was running on 0.0.0.0/14617, I realized that all I should have to do is edit the INI file and uncomment and add the address in the proper place.

Finally I was able to connect (after training SONAR to not quarantine plclient.exe everytime I tried to run it). Of course all I got was a black screen once I logged in. Then I remembered I had to copy all that LocalData over. Between the Minimalistic Devel Shard instructions and the README file, I got what I needed in place. Then the magic happened... the computer was asking me to create the first character on my own little shard!.

This deserves a medium level w00t!
johnsojc

Postby Deledrius » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:58 am

Congrats!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby johnsojc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:04 pm

LOL, I haven't seen the state of the game and city like this since MOUL started. Barriers at the top of the Great Stair and no water or imager in the neigborhood? Now I have to figure out how to modify the settings. I could really get spoiled with this lack of lag... 1 msec ping times.
johnsojc

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm

If you want things to be closer to MOULa download the Gehn SDl's, put them on your sever and client, you may have to do a vault wipe before it will work. You can also change the SDL values in game with the internal client.
jamie_marchant

Re: Personal server problems

Postby Lyrositor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:49 pm

johnsojc wrote:What we need is an article on setting up your dirtsand system and software for the compleat dummy who doesn't have a clue and should know better than to try. :D

That's in The Lyros List (TM). ;)
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby johnsojc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:08 pm

jamie_marchant wrote:If you want things to be closer to MOULa download the Gehn SDl's, put them on your sever and client, you may have to do a vault wipe before it will work. You can also change the SDL values in game with the internal client.

When I find out where and how, I might do that. I am running a totally minimal unencrypted local setup atm. I still have not figured out much more than tweaking the local SDLs to change things. I also wasn't aware the internal client had additional functions. My only goal to this point was getting the code compiled and working. Now for a new learning curve... how does it all work? You could write a small book just explaining how everything works in running the game. I would settle for a shard manager's how-to guide right now.

It is kind of fun to see everything just as it was at gtMOUL pre-launch. I am just as frustrated with those city barriers as I was back in 2006. At least now I know how to make them go away.
johnsojc

Postby jamie_marchant » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 pm

This thread I was involved in tells you where to get the SDls and talks a bit about the internal client.
jamie_marchant

Postby Lyrositor » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:04 pm

If you want to get past them quickly, you press Shift+P to turn on fly mode in the internal client. You then move along, pressing "u" for up and "h" for down.

As was previously stated, you could learn a lot by talking in IRC with the Writers. One of my projects is also to attempt to document as many things as possible. I'm rather busy right now, but I should get around to it in a few weeks.

Here's a few pointers I can give you to get you started:

Internal Client
- Shift+P for fly mode,
- Shift+C for drive mode,
- "`" or your keyboard's equivalent to bring up the Plasma console,
- "\" while in the console to switch to the Python console,
- If you want to find a command, I think typing "?" in the Plasma console should help you.

External Client
- You need to have your manifests very well set. There are scripts to assist you (https://github.com/branan/moulbuild-scripts/tree/gow_server, if you can understand them; you'll also need libHSPlasma to make them work, and Python 2.7 (I think)),
- You'll need a reference installation to build your manifests using those scripts containing an unencrypted /Python folder, unencrypted /SDL folder, MO:ULa /dat and /sfx over which you have copied the /dat folder from moul-scripts,

I have recently gone through all of this, and am still learning. If you have specific questions, I'll try to answer the to the full extend of my as-of-yet admittedly incomplete knowledge.

To remove those barriers in the neighborhood, or change any other SDL value, use, in the Python console:
sdl = PtGetAgeSDL()
sdl[name] = (value,)

You can find a list of all the SDLs in moul-scripts. Fountain water, for example, would be "nb01FountainWaterVis" (0 -> off, 1-> on), whereas "nb01CommunityAreaState" should be the barriers in the Hood (I don't know the values, I think they range between 0 and 2).

EDIT: Also, apparently, that Minimalist Development Shard guide isn't the best reference around. I only followed the official DIRTSAND instructions, chatted a bit with the writers on IRC, and used Branan's scripts. And Lyros Shard is up and running now! :D
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby johnsojc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:52 pm

I will look forward to your instruction guides. It's enough that I have a working system for now. (I'm getting way too old for these grueling 12 hour days of figuring stuff out.)
johnsojc

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development