Gehn.8 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.8 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Changes in this build:
  • Make landing behaviors direction independent
  • Fix cleft imager
  • Fix SSE3 detection
  • Fix crash exposed by unexpected localization data
  • Fix crash in the age patcher
  • Restore compatibility with x87-only CPUs
  • Restore BlueSpiral door functionality
  • Relaxed Splines

Please note: We've enabled the Tsogal and Delin gardens' Spiral Door puzzles with code which is experimental and needs testing from all of you! It's hard to get enough people together for multiplayer testing on our dev shards, so this one may be a bit unstable and we need Our Intrepid Testers to give it their best! Let us know what works, and what doesn't. :D It'll be nice to officially take this one off the Known Issues list.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.8 Live!

Postby janaba » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 am

Great fix, everyone, thanks ... :P

I hope that everyone might be able to confirm that everything is working smooth
and perfectly well ...

The landing behavior's direction IS independent, the imager in the cleft IS fixed,
I just listened to Yeesha and went again through the symbol to K'veer ... /cheer ... :)

I've been to my hood's Eder Tsogal and can at least confirm that the door is taking
on a count and is counting down the whole circle ... /cheer ... Now we only need
to meet all together for some door runs ... I can be online around midnight today
and/or tomorrow, maybe from 23:00 pm to 01:00 am my time, which would be
15:00-17:00 pm KI/Mountain time or even much earlier which would be even
better lol ... :D

That is it so far, can't wait to hear the reports of others with older PCs haha ... :P

Edit: I just posted an announcement for Gehn.8 on the MOUL forums ... I hope that is ok ... :P
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:54 am

I concur with janaba Eder Delin's doors and journey cloths seem to be fully functional for a single player. I do not know what the time limit is, BUT by running and jumping, It took me 1.75 min to enter the complete combination and open the door, so it has to be greater than 95 seconds. Now all that is needed will be multiplayer stress testing...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby jamie_marchant » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 am

That's great! A reminder that you can look up Spline on Wikipedia if you don't know what one is.
jamie_marchant

Postby Ron Landry » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 am

Well, what should I say?

The H'uru team not only has added SSE3 detection but also restored old CPU compatibility 8-) (as Tsar Hoikas has indicated here)! That's great, :P I'm delighted :D -- 'cause SSE3 detection and fallback to old CPU modus really works fine! I've tested it on systems with Athlon XP processor (SSE, single core) and Intel Celeron M360 processor (SSE1+2, single core, low performance), both systems with Windows XP. Also see my postings concerning Gehn.7 Live!.

Result: obviously it is possible to play Gehn.8 Live! on old low performance systems (Grandma's PC :P ) with old CPUs and Windows XP Service Pack 2 without any obvious problems! Of course I will keep an special eye on this, if I detect any problems while testing Gehn.8 Live!

janaba wrote:That is it so far, can't wait to hear the reports of others with older PCs haha ...

here it is .... lol.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Deledrius » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:18 pm

Have fun with that blue spiral! We've noticed it seems to not reset immediately when you press a cloth out of order (but you can manually re-set the count, or wait). Let us know how the group gathering works out!

Ron - I'm glad to hear it's working. We spent a lot of effort over the last week for this fix and I'm proud of the direction it will allow us to take in terms of present and future compatibility!

Edit: Qapla'! The Tsogal door in GoW(11) was successfully opened.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Annabelle » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:56 pm

:D I didn't load the new release yet, I'm glad though

I'm glad because now we have "relaxed splines" :lol:

After having been reticulated in Gehn.6, they deserved to have some relaxation time :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 pm

I am also glad that esp. this is working right now, Ron and all who'll be benefitting from this
new build adapted to almost all possible computer performances and architectures... :P

And it was just awesome and many thanks to everyone participating in our Eder Tsogal door run,
thanks for your patience and perseverance so that we could finally make it through all together
at once ... and as a reward and special treat Adam gifted the rest of us with a 'successful' Delin
'door run' ... /cheer ... :D

... and the special treat, Eder Delin ...
janaba

Postby Ron Landry » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:51 pm

:lol: :o Awesome pictures :o :lol: , janaba !!!

This has been an exciting doorrun experience, 'cause - as Deledrius pointed out - the spiral puzzle is based on experimental code, which means anything could have happened. But no -- it just works well !!! Seems to be 8-) sophisticated work 8-) from the H'uru team !

Bye the way -- as usual, Lyrositor has released a news article on GoMe, and I have translated it into german immediately. :P -- french and russian translation should follow soon, I assume.
... and so I close realising that perhaps ... the ending ... has not yet been written.
returned to the cavern as
MOULa KI#10215645 Ovaron / Gehn Shard KI#582269 Ovaron2
Ron Landry

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Here are two maps For those of you who wish to journey by yourself and are having problems in finding the Journey Cloths to open the Bahro Doors in Eder Delin and Eder Tsogahl. I wish to thank Tweek for providing the basic maps.

EDIT:
Tsar Hoikas wrote:You should note that the cloth positions are randomly generated for each garden instance ;)

Since this makes the maps effectivly worthless I have removed them...
Last edited by Wamduskasapa on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Next

Return to Gehn Shard