Change UAM database

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Change UAM database

Postby diafero » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 am

UAM gets the ages from an age database which the user can configure. The one that is set up per default is however no longer maintained, so you will not be able to download recent age releases there. To fix that, hit the "Change Server" button in the UAM tab, and enter the following URL: http://www.the-deep-island.de/uru-ages/. Then hit "Ok" and finally "Get Latest List". Now your Drizzle will connect to the Deep Island UAM database, which should contain up-to-date versions of all ages.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Change UAM database

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:37 am

Image Image I thank you for the update Image Image
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby diafero » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:07 am

You're welcome :D

Maybe I should have mentioned the actual release announcement, which contains some more information.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Thx Diafero :)

I'll reorganise my works around your shard exclusively from now on (you might say ...hmm what "works"...well I'm always planning months ahead and MOULa isn't the center of the world in URU Universe at least for me)

If the other shards are just maintained and not updated I won't focus there too much. I'm just hoping from you, Diafero, that you'll keep this Alcugs shard alive (talking about Deep Island). I really like MOULa, I like MOSS shards but there's a "je-ne-sais-quoi" with the alcugs shards that make them (at least up until now there were 3 well alive) special to me maybe the "HavoK sliding effect" ;) .
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:24 am

Thanks for the heads-up :D. Naturally I can not make any promises in the long term, however people showing interest in the Shard will always encourage me to keep it alive :)

Maybe, some day, someone comes around and wants to make a storyline on the Shard again... we used to have one on a private Alcugs instance, and it was a lot of fun. But that's some years ago...

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Toki » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:21 pm

diafero :P

Thank you very much for splendid update.
It was yesterday that I obtained this information.
(I seemed to be behind with noticing this information very much. :oops: )
I changed it into a new server at once.
I was surprised that a version of the Offline KI had already become 3.8!

My family is pleased very much, too.
The latest edition had the thing which we had been looking forward to for a long time.

Gahreesen :o
Toki

Postby diafero » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:45 am

Thanks for your nice feedback :)

diafero
Deep Island Admin

Return to Plasma Development