All Fan Ages in 2 Files - Link in OP

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

All Fan Ages in 2 Files - Link in OP

Postby janaba » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:38 am

As it recently oftentimes was and still is the subject to consider which fan ages might be worth the effort
to be chosen and converted for future implementation on the shard, I suddenly, a few days ago, felt inspired,
esp. through Deledrius' request to have a comfortable listing available to inform of the scope, type and quality
of the existing ages, to put something like this together to glance through easily and comfortably ... :P

What I did and why and how in short I'll put in spoiler tags to keep this straight ... :)
Show Spoiler

At this point I'd like to make it very clear that you will have documents with ALL Information
openly to be seen
(if you don't want to read the walkthroughs then don't read them and enjoy the
picture show lol)

I've created two PDF files, A-N and O-Z ... I was very glad that they came up with a size of as small as
16 MB only despite all the pictures ... The Word docs have a size of 21 MB ...

I've uploaded the PDF files to a resp. folder along with the original two Word documents, so that the
contents and info could easily be edited or corrected and adjusted to anybody's liking, and you
can define bookmarks, add annotations and links or hightlight text etc. in the PDF yourself ...

So, anyone interested, please find and download the files here ... Enjoy ... :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In retrospect I'd like to say that it was in many cases a real delight to visit all the ages and multifaceted
worlds again, and I'd like thus to extend a big kudos and thanks to all of the various precious age builders
for enriching the D'niverse with your creativity and dedication ... :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For all thinking about copyrights, please follow this link to my comment on that subject, or read it directly
below as a slightly modified version to keep it more general

Show Spoiler
Last edited by janaba on Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
janaba

Re: All Fan Ages in 2 Files

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 am

Very well done janaba - and thank you
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks, janaba, you're right, I was never going to click on all those individual links. Your documents were much more user-friendly! :)
Acorn

Postby Chuckles58 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Very well done, Janaba. I'd like to see my age there someday, but I have to learn how to build it first. Thanks for your hard work putting this together.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby janaba » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks a lot, everyone ... when I look through those documents I'd still like to ad something here
and change something there haha, but I think it is ok for now, because when I was in the process
of making them I kept reminding myself to keep those files under 10 MB otherwise folks might dismiss
them just because of the file size lol, so yeah ... :P

I am also very glad that they seem to be well received, there are 31 downloads already as of the statistics
by now plus 16 times the documents even, so, the community is interested in fan ages, which is very nice,
and Annabelle's huge fan age project, as planned for September, could wonderfully complement this and
boost the explorer interest and attract their attention in fan age development even more ... :)
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:41 pm

janaba wrote:...and Annabelle's huge fan age project, as planned for September, could wonderfully complement this and
boost the explorer interest and attract their attention in fan age development even more ... :)

Exactly :D I want explorers to explore and to stop complaining about lack of content. Do not wait for Cyan (see the last CAVCON, we were at 4 we dropped at 3 because of Minkata's Update (not sure just trying to find explanation)), the community can do something and they did, they are still working on projects and there will be future plans too.

Apart from 2 ages, in fact I saw at least a 3rd one in an aborted shard: TLCA, they are all compatible with URU:CC environment. There are at least 120 available to public. There seems to be a halt nowadays though...since February 2012, no new fan age has been added. I don't know if it is because Age creations are in progress or just because Age Writers are confused about whether to work with Blender or 3DMax to release their work on URU:CC or MOUL environment? The MOUL environment seems elitism. Gehn searches top notch ages, TOC MOUL only added Vothol Gallery so far (probably they just took it from the GoW Repository) and Minkata/MOULa seem to be completely on an another planet (Fan Ages? Never heard!)

Alcugs shards are still the best offer in town and Deep Island is the biggest one and the one that is always updated first as it shares the UAM Dataserver.

I was very pleased with Janaba's PDF files because I never had the courage to do it myself :lol: , I always found it very annoying to have to repeatedly click on ctrl + mouse or ctrl + a on the UAM Wiki where 90% of her PDF files content comes from.

What she has done for the 10%...? She added pictures that weren't not there, she added also comments and notes and more important she made all the walkthrough visible (no spoilers). Note that the walkthroughs for latest ages aren't there since Dustin retired himself so he has not update his wiki since at least January 2012.

I'm still waiting for Somewhere's walkthrough. I completed R'Oshanhnin Korvahknhn successfully after months of researches and buddy bugging to get all the puzzles together.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Today, I totally overhauled the whole A-N ages PDF file and just uploaded it along with its Word document for editings or so ... :P

Anyone interested could download them through the same link as before as they're in the same folder ...
I've added a few more new pictures, I've replaced some more older ones (I even found another wrong resp. outdated one) ...

Finally, Karkadann's beautiful 'Minkata Soccer Field' is added, which I forgot when I created the files ...
I've added the newly released 'Dream' age by denost2, and I deleted by request the walkthrough for the great 'DRA Office & Adrael'
age and added the links to their wonderful Adrael website which provides comprehensive and beautifully illustrated insights to the
development of this world and an awesome step-by-step walkthrough and guide with a cool spoiler system through all the wonders
and secrets to be discovered on one's way ... Enjoy ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 pm

A new update of the Fan Age PDFs is available ... :P

Today I've overhauled the O-Z file with newer and more pictures ... I'v added the new ages of Ametist and Corvus
'Matte' and 'ReGalpho' as well as the new version of Karkadann's 'JackOLantern' Relto page ... Please, use the
known link to the resp. folder containing the files ... Enjoy ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:20 am

Another major update of the PDF files is available ... :P

After I've discovered that the Word documents time and again cause shifts in the ages lists,
one could say they did this quite inconspicuously lol, Annabelle was so kind to tell me about
a slight shift of some headers in the O-Z PDF file yesterday, and after I've also finally realized
why this happens, I decided to replace the whole remainder of pictures, which I've initially copied
from the UAM Wiki and thus being the ones shifting the contents as they'd permanently caused
the documents to load them from their original url ... :geek:

So, now all the old stuff is removed and the PDFs only contain very new and fresh and of course
again some more and beautiful pictures lol, and the Word documents should be more easy to be
adjusted or edited to anybody's liking as they're more stable now (as stable as MSWord docs are lol) ...

Anyone interested to have a simple and nicely illustrated overview of all the fan ages available, or
anyone already in possession of a copy and interested in having an updated more refined version,
please, download what you like here ... Enjoy ... :)
janaba

Postby janaba » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 am

I've just added the new 'Iceworld' age by denost2 to the A-N PDF file ... :P

You can download that PDF along with its Word document if you like
through the known link here ... Enjoy ... :)
janaba

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion