VERTEX/PIXEL SHADING Plasma Plugins

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

VERTEX/PIXEL SHADING Plasma Plugins

Postby Karkadann » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 pm

In the documentation Cyan supplied with the open source plug-ins for Max 7 their is a BUBBLE component that is in the documentation on page 91 but does not appear in the component manager in Max under Vertex pixel shading along with the grass component. Is this something that can be or has been fixed in the plug-ins for max 10, 11, and 12 or was it something that was not included with the plug-ins from the start.

Thank in advance
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Re: VERTEX/PIXEL SHADING Plasma Plugins

Postby Christopher » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:45 am

It seems Cyan gave us the documentation from an newer (older?) version of the Max plugin... I think the Bubble component is the thing from Myst V.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Sirius » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:49 am

The bubble modifier is indeed from Myst V. Since it was used on Myst V's Plasma version, not sure it will work on MOUL (don't even think about PotS).
It should tell Plasma to use a vertex shader on the selected object to have wave-like deformation. But it seems it also contains informations about pedestals (to have Bahros put slates on it, and link when touching some clickables...).
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:54 am

I think my post disappeared
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Christopher » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:30 am

I think your post disappered because of the emrgency shutdown. However, have you tried to rotate your pivot (in local mode!), so the z-Axis is pointing perpendicular away from the water plane? I think the deformation of the ripples is in the direction of the local z-Axis, but I am not exactly sure about this.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Karkadann » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:08 pm

That was the first thing I tried, I also tried using a subworld with no luck, maybe I need to set it up in a different order.
Karkadann

Return to Plasma Development