Moss Tarball for Linux

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Moss Tarball for Linux

Postby Jakuru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Hello, we are trying to get Moss to work on a Linux system. It contains the CWE however Mal who's in charge of the server can't locate the make.conf file needed to bring it online. Our shard will have ages we're creating. Right now that's all that's needed or perhaps a current Moss tarball. Can anyone help?
Jakuru

Re: Moss Tarball for Linux

Postby Karkadann » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:09 pm

What Kind of Help do you need?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Lyrositor » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:04 pm

The Guild of Writers is not responsible for the development of MOSS, so you might have better chances if you post on the OU.org forums.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Christian Walther » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:16 am

Although it looks like nobody is responsible over there either, so maybe it doesn’t matter. :|

You can get a current tarball of MOSS at https://bitbucket.org/OpenUru_org/moss/get/default.tar.bz2 (from https://bitbucket.org/OpenUru_org/moss/downloads#branch-downloads), or one with some additional bugfixes at https://bitbucket.org/cwalther/moss/get/default.tar.bz2.

I don’t recall anything called “make.conf” being involved in building MOSS, can you give more details about what your problem is?
Christian Walther

Postby Jakuru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:30 am

I'll get with Mal to find out more details and will let you know. I also sent him the tar file so it could be awhile. Thanks for your help!
Jakuru

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:29 pm

If you're unable to get MOSS working, we'd be glad to help you set up Dirtsand. It works quite well for small shards.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Jakuru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:51 pm

Many thanks to Walther and Hoikas for your help. As for now, Mal has the Tarball and will try to bring the system online in a few days. I will PM both of you in case of problems that we may encounter. His setup should handle up to 10 persons at a time and will be increased to much more. Hoikas, if we need Dirtsand I'll let you know. Again, I thank you all.
Jakuru

Return to Plasma Development