Guild of Writers stamp/seal design for [fan ages]

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Guild of Writers stamp/seal design for [fan ages]

Postby matthornb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 am

I'm jotting down a quick note for everyone here:

We will need a GoW consensus on the stamp or seal, that will be used to represent 'fan age' content fairly soon.

If anyone else has already brought up this topic here, I apologize for the redundancy, but as you know the fanbase has plans for a fan nexus and fan age library and we'll need some sort of decision soon.

The guild-approved stamp design will be used to identify linking books to fan-created ages in MOULa.

It will appear on:

-the easel with Victor Laxman's message regarding ages not vetted by the DRC, which will be present in the fan nexus leading to Sevkor, and possibly on a second 'reminder' easel in Sevkor.
-linking books to Sevkor, Vothol Gallery, Tre'bivdil, and any other fan ages that may be approved in the future.

This thread will be open to a guild discussion regarding which stamp design is preferred by the current Guild of Writers members.

JWPlatt has indicated that the GoW should be responsible for this decision. So I'm bringing up this topic and hoping you will reach a collective decision within the next week or so.

For more information, refer to the 'fan content' thread in the 'Creativity' section of the MystOnline.com forums. If you aren't already aware of what is going on (or the momentum building behind a fan nexus & fan library age), that thread will bring you up to speed.
matthornb

Re: Guild of Writers stamp/seal design for [fan ages]

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:39 am

Personally I beleave that we already have the seal as represented by the insignia at the top of this page...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 am

I would prefer that the GoW logo not be used as Sevkor is designed explicitly for MOULa, and "we" won't actually have anything to do with what appears there. So, what we're probably looking for is a more generic seal that says "explorer written age" rather than "guild of writers blessed*".

* for lack of a better term
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Karkadann » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Iv been working on a few Cyan Replicas, the mesh is not perfect but they come close, if any one is interested.
or if you wanna mix it up a bit with the book stands on Sevkor
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi, matt, it is great that you approached the GoW directly here to clear this all up,
instead of waiting for any response at any time on the MOUL forums ... :P

While I see this all a bit differently than Adam, for IC and OOC reasons, I can also understand
his stance in a way, when I think of the discussions being had on the MOUL forums ... and
as Cyan along with the OpenUru gang are wielding authority and approval or not on every
single step of the way to the completion of that whole project of implementing fan ages
into MOULa, maybe a more generic seal, as Adam called it, would be more appropriate
to be used for this purpose ... :)

I was thinking of something neutral like the seal for all the Guilds you can see in Kirel ...
What do you think? ... So, then it'd be just Guilds approved or sth like that ... :D

Show Spoiler

Hehe ... your bookstands look beautiful, Karkadann ... 8-)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:03 pm

there were some designs a while back on the "spoiler-free discussion" thread of the MOULa forums eg http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=390488#390488 - should they be thrown into the mix?
Acorn

Postby Karkadann » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks, I never could figure out blender so I use Max, Uru in windowed and an on-screen ruler set so that the AV measures six foot. It works most of the time although I find myself rescaling often.

as far as the seal I think this one is a good choice

Show Spoiler
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Deledrius » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:44 pm

I don't believe I've even heard anything about this 'Sevkor' before now (I've been out of the loop a while). Can someone link to this?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 am

here's a good place to start - a few pages back

matthornb wrote:Got Sevkor working in Uru: Complete Chronicles, some minor glitches but mostly promising.

I threw together a video overview of the age on YouTube... so you can get a sense of both what the age looks like in realtime 3d, and a portion of one of the music tracks that Jmp12 created for this.

Some of you said you'd reserve judgement until it was actually loaded into Uru. Well, it is now running in Uru for the first time.

http://youtu.be/uqxkzrZZ1SQ

I know the video quality is poor, BTW. I'll work on that. I just figured people would want to see something as soon as possible.

Also if any of my text is problematic or poorly worded... well, I'll try to fix it. :/

and here's a link to the thread

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=394884#394884
Acorn

Postby matthornb » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 am

Great work on the pedestal models, Karkadann!

Also - yes, we should post any submitted stamp designs from the MystOnline forum here for inclusion in our discussion.
matthornb

Next

Return to General Discussion