Building CWE/Plasma

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Building CWE/Plasma

Postby Matthias.Black » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am

Hi all, fairly new to this.

I'm having problems following the Build Guide here: http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/CWE:Getting_Started

Firstly, in the paragraph
Also, do not forget to update your client's build ID to match the build ID of the server (e.g. as of this writing, MO:ULa's build ID is 906). This number is set in Sources/Plasma/NucleusLib/pnProduct/Private/pnPrBuildId.cpp under "#define BUILD_ID XXX" where XXX is the actual build ID.
Um... that file no longer exists in the source found on GitHub, so... is this step still valid and/or which file do we edit instead?

Secondly, after bypassing that paragraph and following the "Building an Internal Client : Compiling" I get this error message after step 11:
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
LIB_EAY_RELEASE
linked by target "plClient" in directory Z:/projects/uru/code/h-uru/plasma/Sources/Plasma/Apps/plClient
linked by target "plUruLauncher" in directory Z:/projects/uru/code/h-uru/plasma/Sources/Plasma/Apps/plUruLauncher
linked by target "pnEncryption" in directory Z:/projects/uru/code/h-uru/plasma/Sources/Plasma/NucleusLib/pnEncryption
SSL_EAY_RELEASE
linked by target "plClient" in directory Z:/projects/uru/code/h-uru/plasma/Sources/Plasma/Apps/plClient
linked by target "plUruLauncher" in directory Z:/projects/uru/code/h-uru/plasma/Sources/Plasma/Apps/plUruLauncher
linked by target "pnEncryption" in directory Z:/projects/uru/code/h-uru/plasma/Sources/Plasma/NucleusLib/pnEncryption
I take it that this is not supposed to happen, and is this connected to the above problem?

(Also, the CMake complained about not finding PCRE, despite it not being on the pre-requisites list in the wiki (it is in the readme on GitHub). Just a FYI thing, and I resolved that. Not completely dense.)

System: WinXP 32-bit SP3

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Matthias.Black

Re: Building CWE/Plasma

Postby Luna » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 am

I don't know where the BUILD_ID is defined now, but you don't have to change it if you want to make a MOULa build.

The Cmake error, I have had that one.You should check whether those variables have a value or whether you need to set them, they should be in the cwe-prefix folder. I've had this error when it did find the variables though, I think my usual solution is to delete the cache and build folder and try again. Someone else may have a better suggestion.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Matthias.Black » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:51 am

Luna wrote:I don't know where the BUILD_ID is defined now, but you don't have to change it if you want to make a MOULa build.
Ok, I won't worry about that right now.

Luna wrote:You should check whether those variables have a value or whether you need to set them, they should be in the cwe-prefix folder.
I set the values to the same as the *_LIBRARY values for those modules, and that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks Luna!

(Admittedly CMake is now complaining it can't find PY_RSVG or PY_IMAGE, but letting me continue regardless.)
Matthias.Black

Postby Lyrositor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm

That guide is a bit outdated... it should be changed slightly.
The build ID can now be set here: https://github.com/H-uru/Plasma/blob/ma ... eLists.txt
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Matthias.Black » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Ah, thank you Lyrositor.
Matthias.Black

Postby Mystler » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 am

Please change the BuildID with CMake
Mystler

Postby Christopher » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:30 am

You have a point named "Product" in Cmake. It's better to change this stuff there.

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Lyrositor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:45 am

I guess that's what happens when you don't actually read the commit... :oops:
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Return to Plasma Development