Age Idea

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Age Idea

Postby zeke365 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:45 am

I was trying to draw a picture but could not I draw something later. This is what I have been thinking for an age. Basically you arrive on this dessert like path with river flowing beside you to your right. To left is this big maze in which consist of five puzzles. Each puzzle with give you a letter and a note describing the person journey or the history itself. At the end you will have one last puzzle. You must connect those five letters to this ki imager. The the a saying will appear. "The Barho are coming."
Whats interesting about this age is that no map will be provided. The explorer will have to have to map his way around the maze. The letters will be in dni to make it little tougher and you must guess in which order the letters go. I'm still working on story. what you think of the concept? I know last idea I did not describe it well so hopefully this is better and I will do better next time. Plus each puzzle in the maze (which is one big puzzle) is based on how door open and the different ways doors can be opened.
This age is inspired by The book of Dni, Rhem, and an age in Myst III Exile.
zeke365

Re: Age Idea

Postby zeke365 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:40 pm

The more I have thought of this the more the age has created a story of its own. The story behind this age is why did the dni build the age was it a prison age, place of protecting or something of value? A note was left from an unknown explorer 'The path we seek is the same but the way we get there is different.'

The age looks like a sand dune maze (similar to corn mazes) to your left, river to your right, and 3 power switches to activate the doors There a sun and moon on the opposite side of each other. The doors are inside the maze opening new paths but sometimes not all paths are right. This age is all about the different ways dni opened doors (that apart of the puzzle aspect.) As you discover more of the age the story becomes more intriguing.
before I was coming up with wild ideas the more I thought of the idea, so I started to eliminate ideas that weren't necessary. This the enhanced version of the age idea.
zeke365

Postby Afalstein » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Not sure what to do with this. Personally I found the D'ni writing frustrating... I tried to translate the letters I found lying around Uru but I gave it up because it was taking way too long. So while you could have it in there, you may want to have it more as an optional reward--not the main reward for finishing the puzzle, and not necessary to the solving of the Maze.

To enhance the mystery involved in this you could have notes from DRC explorers, translating the different signs on the walls--only they're not sure what to think of the word for what's at the center of the maze--as you say, it could be a threat or it could be a treasure. Provide hints throughout the maze--crude wall paintings, etc., and then at the end the player can decide whether to open the central chamber or... leave it locked, I guess, though that seems anticlimactic. Maybe something else, something that rewards them while leaving the vault closed. Otherwise, who's going to go through the maze just to leave the door alone?
Afalstein

Postby zeke365 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 pm

We do not know what the dni are hiding or if there hiding anything at all. After unlocking a doors you will see a note that tells you a little more of the story or history of that age. I have some visuals I would like to do. At last I'm no programer. I can at least describe the story and what the age may look like. I was thinking of the same thing a secret entrance in a deep place. What makes this age so different is that there is more than one way to get to the end of the maze. I had not planed on the multilayer aspect but it could be done, I was thinking more single player. Hope this answers some question if not pm me.
zeke365

Postby zeke365 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 pm

You the explorer will arrive on a river back. To your right is a dark blue river , the ground you stand on is a soft white sand. to your left is a maze of some kind made of the same white sand. On the bank of the river you see three instruments that come up out the ground and seem to be the power source for this age they look like grey round tubes and pipes are running towards the maze at the door. A note is left without a signature "The path we seek is the same but how we get there is different." At the front of the maze is this big metal door with writings of some kind. You must figure out how to turn on the power to activate the door. Notes are scattered through the maze telling this person's journey but it is unknown who it is.
zeke365

kirin

Postby zeke365 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 am

There only 3 notes in the age plus a journal in this age . The Journal has to be unlocked by mutilating the doors in a certain way. kirin is the name of the age and it the d'ni word for sand. http://www.devoncam.co.uk/devon_picture ... River.html, http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.48896579 ... 7&pid=15.1, http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.49535241 ... 4&pid=15.1 here some samples of photos that give you idea of the what the age may look like.
zeke365

Return to Art and Story