Simple fix for avatar head shots

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: Simple fix for avatar head shots

Postby Christian Walther » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:01 am

drawImageClipped() shouldn’t distort anything, it just copies pixels.

Yeah, I suspect it’s a race condition, as there seem to be some asynchronous operations involved. That would also explain why not everyone is having the same problems.
Christian Walther
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:10 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Simple fix for avatar head shots

Postby johnsojc » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:39 am

I would start at PtStartScreenCapture() since it's the capture that is distorted. The clipping function seems to work fine.

Here is the distorted image...
Show Spoiler


My knowledge of C++ is inadequate to trace the problem (if any) in the capture render. I got as far as Plasma\Sources\Plasma\PubUtilLib\plPipeline\plCaptureRender.cpp and was hopelessly lost.
johnsojc
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:27 am

Re: Simple fix for avatar head shots

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Could be some stupid hard-coded camera settings in the PRP, too, if it's switching to another camera momentarily to take that shot.

I'm just throwing that out there as something to check...
User avatar
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin
 
Posts: 1258
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:21 pm

Re: Simple fix for avatar head shots

Postby johnsojc » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:13 am

I remember that this used to work properly at one point. I suspect something changed somewhere in either the Uru code (plPipeline?) or perhaps even the video drivers. What ever the reason, the changes I came up seem to fix the problem for now. If the reason for the distortion in the screen grab is ever found and fixed, it is simple enough to change the python code to compensate. I never looked at whether KI shots were affected as well... something to add to the TO DO list.

For now, I am working over the Python code to make it compliant with the PEP-8 style guide. From what I've seen so far, this is hardly a trivial task and will probably take months to get through the code and test each one to make sure I didn't break anything.
johnsojc
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:27 am

Previous

Return to Plasma Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron