Tutorial and Information Requests

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Tutorial and Information Requests

Postby Deledrius » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Do you have a need for a tutorial on using 3DS Max or Blender which isn't addressed on the wiki? Is there some aspect of the plugin that you're not sure what it is or how it works? You're in luck!

Ask your question here so that other contributors (artists and programmers alike) can see the need to investigate and fill it!

Please be sure to check the wiki first for existing tutorials, and if something exists but is unclear, link to that page with an explanation of what's missing or incorrect.

Otherwise, state your tutorial request or question clearly, and be as specific as possible about which feature or workflow you need to know more about. If you have several, please format them in a nice, readable list.

This is not a thread for general "how do I x?" or "why isn't y working?" questions. Those are best left in their own threads for full discussion. Let's keep this thread to specific requests for documentation and universal enlightenment.

Only together can we make a world-class collection of documentation on building content for the Plasma engine. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Tutorial and Information Requests

Postby Chacal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Logically, first we need to bring back the PyPRP tutorials in the wiki.
Most of them are now empty for some reason.

Also, a new one about how to achieve Cyan-like lighting effects, using Blender/PyPRP. Vertex painting, vertex baking, lightmaps, etc.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby tachzusamm » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Chacal wrote:Logically, first we need to bring back the PyPRP tutorials in the wiki.
Most of them are now empty for some reason.

Could you give an example which page is empty? It seems quite normal as ever to me.
http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/PyPRP
tachzusamm

Postby Chacal » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:25 pm

The tutorials page offers many empty links under "PyPRP":
http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/Tutorials

Looking at the page you just posted, it seems that most of the content still exists, links must have been lost in a wiki reorg.
I find it difficult to find information in the wiki, it seems to depend on how you get there.

Also this page is incomplete:
http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/PyPR ... ng_Started
It seems like an attempt was made to update the "First Age" tutorial to Blender 2.49, but was never finished.
Chacal

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
Chacal

Postby Lyrositor » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:41 am

I was moving the wiki around and updating things some time ago (merging some tutorials together, putting everything under the PyPRP: namespace, etc.) and I never finished it. The content is still there, but I'm not sure it's listed anymore; you can find it under Special:Allpages, though, or by looking at older versions of the tutorials page.

I might try to finish my reorganization, as I'm aware it might have caused several issues with the visibility of the documentation.

EDIT: This has an archive of all the old tutorials: http://guildofwriters.org/wiki/PyPRP:Introduction
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby tachzusamm » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:26 am

Okay, here's a request:

I would like to have a tutorial or any other hint or sort of information about how to make particles work in Blender and PyPRP.
(because it would be nice to add falling leaves to Relativity, or rain, or falling snow. And other Ages would benefit too of course.)
:)
tachzusamm

Postby dendwaler » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:47 am

When i want to find something on the wiki i always use this page.
http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/Special:AllPages
Unfortunately that specific page itself is very difficut to find.
The link should be on the FrontPage.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Sirius » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 am

This is the page you're looking for :P

It's a bit outdated, I'd rather recommend using PrpShop instead of PageEditor (just copy the XML to a notepad).

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to make particles directly in Blender.
It probably requires updating PyPRP.
Sirius

Postby DreamBliss » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:21 am

Korman status?

Any work on either a graphical editor for MOUL/Uru or updates to Korman so that Blender 2.5+ can be used to make MOUL/Uru levels?
If the spark does not desire the tinder there is no flame.
DreamBliss

Postby asimov » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello, I am new here, so please excuse my noobness.
I have experience with 3d modeling using cinema 4d and would like to help with the building of anything anybody needs help with. I see you use blender or 3dsm for this purpose. Am i just out of luck?
asimov

Next

Return to Building