CWE Builds

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

CWE Builds

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri May 17, 2013 5:04 pm

After a long delay, it is time to resume posting public H-uru CWE Builds :) The older builds have been removed due to licensing issues with RAD Game Tools, hence the new thread.

As before, these builds include an internal client, which can allow you to do not-so-nice things, if you have the know how. Please confine your MOULa experiments to The Fun House. We take no responsibility for your breaking anything. If you're really serious about playing with the internal client, there is enough stuff in these builds to facilitate the running of your own shard.

Prerequisites

H'uru CWE 1.918 (June 13, 2013)
Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: cwe918
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: CWE Builds

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Fri May 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Common Questions
To make things easier for everone involved, I will edit this post with answers to questions that I find myself answering a lot or anticipate.

"How do I use this on MOULa?"
Copy your MOULa dat and sfx directory into the CWE Client directory. Then, create a shortcut to plClient.exe with the arguments /ServerIni=server_moula.ini /SkipPreload. Do not use UruExplorer.exe, UruLauncher.exe, or plUruLauncher.exe to connect to MOULa -- this will just cause your CWE client to be overwritten with the standard MOULa client.

"What does the new error dialog mean?" / "What is UruCrashHandler?" / "Why are there no stack dumps?"
Error handling has been restructured in the H-uru codebase. When URU starts, UruCrashHandler starts and attaches itself to the game and watches for serious errors. If an error that would cause a stack dump occurs, UruCrashHandler will save a file called crash.dmp in your log folder. The game will then inform you to submit your logs to the developer. If you are savvy, you can open this file with Visual Studio and find the problem yourself. If not, feel free to send crash.dmp or the entire log folder to us, and we will be happy to figure out what went wrong. A description of what you were doing or expected to happen at the time of the crash may be helpful.

"Why isn't there a Max 2013 Plugin available?"
The 3ds Max SDK changed enough in 3ds Max 2013 that no one has wanted to take the time to make the plugin compatible. Perhaps this will be done at some point in the future.

"Why isn't there a (insert 3ds Max version here) plugin available?"
Because I didn't have that SDK installed or didn't want to spend time compiling the engine yet another time (each build takes approximately 20 minutes). I can try to make more plugin versions available if asked, though turnaround time may not necessarily be fast.
Last edited by Tsar Hoikas on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: modify client usage procedure
Tsar Hoikas

Postby tachzusamm » Fri May 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Common Questions
To make things easier for everone involved, I will edit this post with answers to questions that I find myself answering a lot or anticipate.
[..]
"Why isn't there a (max-version-lower-than-2013) plugin available?"

I think you meant lower-than-2012 here.
By the way, how come you can edit posts later? I can't do after about 10 minutes.
tachzusamm

Postby diafero » Sat May 18, 2013 3:15 am

tachzusamm wrote:By the way, how come you can edit posts later? I can't do after about 10 minutes.

The Tsar can do anything, for he's the Tsar. ;-)
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Jones » Sat May 18, 2013 11:06 am

Thank you, Tsar!
Jones

Postby Annabelle » Sat May 18, 2013 12:05 pm

I finally managed to make it working thanks to help received on Writers' IRC chat. It works like a charm.

The physics used in this release is maybe the latest available on MOULa, or Minkata. Since I don't like either of them, I cannot tell exactly which Adam choose.

Anyway, I will keep using my old plClient with broken monkey physics. I'm maybe one of the last afficionados of these completely broken physics, my Marker Editor client & my Fun House client are with them. And my Skydiving client has the wonderful 1.906 physics ;) :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:51 pm

H'uru CWE 1.918 builds have been released! Please see the OP for download links.

Notable changes (since 912a):
  • plModifier no longer depends on PhysX (compiles on *nix)
  • Fixed python package logic to not produce an erroneous ki.pak file
  • PhysX structure validation change from run-time to compile-time
  • The spinning book is now displayed throughout the linking process
  • Bump buildID to 918
  • plProfile now displays hundreths of a millisecond (vs a tenth) to enable better skinning profiling
  • Fix improper hood membership caption and truncated age invitation display

Please keep in mind that builds previous to 912a are plagued with licensing issues. The source code is no longer available; therefore, it is a violation of the GNU General Public License to distribute them. Thanks for your cooperation.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby pojibonzai » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:20 am

Hi;

I was using the CWE 902d plug-in successfully, except for the fact that it was missing the "Water" components in the menu. So, I was glad to see a new plug-in version.
I installed the CWE 918 max 2012 plug-in but have yet to have it load successfully. I have all the pre-requisite files installed. I get this error upon starting Max: " The procedure entry point ?Name@BitmapInfo@@QAEPBDXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library bmm.dll " Then it gives the plug-in failed to initialize error-127. It gives the same error for both MaxPlasmaLights.dlo and PlasmaMax.gup. I've been trying different combinations of versions of the various .dll files that are either from MOULa or from the 902d package or the 918 package. I'm running Windows 7 ultimate 64 and Max 2012 sp2.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time,
Poji
pojibonzai

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:15 pm

I seem to remember discovering that there was an issue with the 918 Max builds, but I can't remember what it was now :|. I really need to release new ones, but, in the mean time, you can try the older (but probably more reliable) 912a release. I think it includes the fix for missing water components.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby pojibonzai » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Thanks! so very much
912a works and does include the water component.
Happy Day
Issue resolved! :D
pojibonzai

Next

Return to Plasma Development