Age Building - Things to Remember

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: Age Building - Things to Remember

Postby Karkadann » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:39 pm

I think I messed something up :oops:
I Exported from Max and didn't get a builtin prp file
Just out of curiosity I converted with drizzle and got a whole bunch of stuff

Show Spoiler

Any ideas?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 pm

Damn, looks like Drizzle doesn't know what a bullet manager is :(
Which means the only way to do it on CC is to edit the PRP like I did...

I should be able to setup a gun if you send me the files, but you'll have to remove anything related to the bullet manager...
I'll update the previous instruction set when I have the time.
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:13 am

umm... :oops: :D ..... the files got kinda deleted. However Im gonna try some experimenting later,
In addition It was only my first try Im hoping the error is on my end. If not I guess I'll havta wait until
they update the offline KI......to accommodate the Bullet Manager, in the mean time I noticed the Python was downloaded 4 times
I wonder how the other three are doing and if they're using Max as well.

on a side note Im kinda wondering why Drizzle does not recognize the bullet component if it works similar to the footprint component
which is why I think the error may be on my end
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Karkadann

Postby Sirius » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:45 am

Karkadann wrote:umm... :oops: :D ..... the files got kinda deleted.
Don't worry, I just said it if you wanted to have your version working.
The error is not on your end, though. It's definitely because the bullet manager was never implemented in Drizzle (it's not related to the Offline-KI either).

So the only solution is to edit manually the exported files (which means we'll probably wait until Calena has finished the main part of her cavern).

Otherwise, pushing a real bullet though the gun barrel would be possible, but relying on the physics engine is generally a bad idea (collision bugs, friction/elasticity settings, lags, etc). It also means no decal, and no way to realistically break objects :(
Sirius

Postby Karkadann » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:42 am

as far as braking objects is concerned setting the sensor region's "report on" to dynamics might cause the region to detect the simple and trigger a responder to start a few animations.
and a decal hmm I used a "active shape" component under footprints so the coconuts in the Chess Pond would produce ripples, although I have not tried it on a vertical plane.

I have noticed that the lag seems to have an effect on how far the simple is propelled,
Karkadann

Postby Calena » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:44 am

Hi guys. Merry Christmas :). diafero has installed the first version of my grandson's age on Deep Island, so you can take a look at what's there. The age name is "Gavster". He'll have it up on UAM for download too. I uploaded the Blender version. I haven't quite finished the conversion to 3dsMax7 because . . . umm . . . well . . . I got bored and took a break for the last week :oops: . Conversion is not nearly as fun as building.

The good news is my grandson saw it yesterday for the first time and it has the official 10-year-old seal of approval :D . My thought now is to maybe place the gun inside the ship pointing out a window and blow a hole in the cave wall. I'd appreciate it if you took a look at it when you get a chance and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy your Holidays!
Galatians 2: 20-21

"Don't mess with me today. I have my CAPS LOCK key and I know how to use it!"
Calena

Postby Dulcamara » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:19 am

Hello Calena :P
I'm thrilled. Have dared me today in the cave of horror. :lol:
Very, very nice and I hope there is a sequel.

Dulcamara
Dulcamara

Postby Karkadann » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Not sure if any one mentioned this one, but uh.......another thing to remember is when working on stuff in a separate file to add later, make sure your using the same scale

Show Spoiler
Karkadann

Postby dendwaler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:41 am

Hi guys, may be this is the wrong thread but i wanted to share this with you.

A few months ago i discovered an open sourced software package i never saw before.

Its an alternative to Photoshop/Gimp and not to difficult to learn and has great painting and brushing abilities not available in Ps.

Give it a try, its realy worth it and it is free!
you can find info at http://krita.org/

or

http://kritastudio.com/desktop.html
There a an info pdf available named " introduction to Krita for Photoshop users" , read it to find out what you can expect
http://heap.kogmbh.net/downloads/IntroductiontoKritaforusercomingfromPs.pdf
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Krita's pretty nice, and it's geared more towards art than photo-manipulation like PhotoShop is (despite the uses Adobe and their customers try to shove into it).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Building