Update Livestream

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Would you be interested in watching the Gehn update?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:28 pm

YES!
76%
Interesting, but I'll pass...
24%
No Way.
No votes

Total votes : 17

Update Livestream

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Hey guys. At today's AGM, I proposed livestreaming the Gehn update process. Normally, what we do is set a date (in this case, December 23rd) and get the update pushed out somewhere around that time. However, if people are interested at taking a peek at the evil we have to do to push down an update, I'll have to impose an actual start time for the update. I don't mind losing the flexibility if people are interested, hence this poll.

The process is quite technical in nature, of course, so I don't expect every single user to care.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Re: Update Livestream

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:33 am

For those of you who have voted yes, does 13:00 KI/20:00 UTC work?
Tsar Hoikas

Postby janaba » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:45 am

Tsar Hoikas wrote:For those of you who have voted yes, does 13:00 KI/20:00 UTC work?

In that case you now have another 'yes' ... :P
janaba

Postby Acorn » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:49 pm

that would be cool....thanks for choosing a Europe-friendly time :D
Acorn

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:59 pm

No probz. It's probably a realistic time for when I will have rolled out of bed and had some coffee, so we won't be delayed by trying to get some last minute code in.

Anyway, the platform of choice will probably be Google Hangouts. The limit for "active participants" (the folks who can use voice chat, I guess...) is sort of low, so I'll try to figure out how to do the whole "on air" thing so we can have folks who want to talk/ask questions and folks who just want to watch.
Tsar Hoikas

Postby janaba » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:47 am

As I'm not registered with or subscribed to Google+ etc., which is a state or condition I like to be in, you can put me in the row with the observant audience, but being ready to jump in for any necessary testings ... :P
janaba

Postby Mystler » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:03 am

What about Hangout on Air? That should allow you to stream a hangout live to YouTube.
Mystler

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:15 pm

me, myself, and I wrote:I'll try to figure out how to do the whole "on air" thing so we can have folks who want to talk/ask questions and folks who just want to watch.

;)
Tsar Hoikas

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Okay, we're a week away from the build date. So, I've got to get serious about organizing this thing.

If you want to be able to participate in the Google Hangout (by using audio chat or text chat), please PM me with an email address or the name that you use on Google+ (if you've added the GoW to your circles). Also, please rank from 1-3 how much you want to be there where 1 is "heck yeah" and 3 is "if there's space". The 9 (or however many Google will allow) who join the hangout will be allowed to help verify that the release worked. ;)

I'm also going to be setting up a Hangout on Air, which will basically be a live youtube video if we run out of space in the hangout. If all twelve that have said "yes" want to join the hangout, we definitely will. That being said, I really want to have folks who want to ask questions or make comments. Otherwise, this thing will be boring and I'll feel weird sharing my screen and nobody talking :) So please do the PM thing.

I'll be setting up a G+ event for the Hangout on Air, once I figure out what hoops I need to job through there.

Gehn 18 is shaping up to be very impressive. I'm looking forward to getting it out the door!
Tsar Hoikas

Postby janaba » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Adam, I'd like to withdraw from participation in this as I am not as much passionate about it as I feel it'd be appropriate when you'll be putting so much effort into the whole Google+ and Hangout on Air events ... so now you have one less to care about and maybe the Google Hangout might be sufficient for the rest of you ... :P

I am very happy for you, the H'Uru team and us all that this Gehn 18 update is ready to be released as a wonderful completion for this year and right in time before our great final (almost) New Year's Eve and Open-Source shard hop party and to test and see whatever new stuff, improvements, bug fixes etc. have been implemented ... I wish you all lots of fun however and see you all for the party in MOULa and on the Gehn shard by the end of the year ... :)
janaba

Next

Return to Gehn Shard