Airbora

The art, story, and musical aspects of age creation live here!

Airbora

Postby Aaron47 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:51 am

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but the following is an idea for an Age I've had for years. Firstly, my name is Aaron, and I'm a big Myst fan, and an even bigger Uru fan. I've been painting and drawing most of my life, and I came up with the concept of Airbora around the time Uru first came out. It was suggested to me by someone at DeviantArt to bring my ideas here. What I imagined was a kind of "sky" Age. In other words, the only land to walk on was in the form of floating islands, some with rope bridges or ladders attaching them. I also had an idea for an air ship that would take you to other islands. I incorporated the idea of a Relto page that would create that air ship at the dock so that you could visit other mountain tops in Relto. Here's some concept art I created:

I've been hoping for years that some day this Age would become a reality. If anyone has any ideas that could lead to its creation, I'm all ears.
Aaron47

Re: Airbora

Postby janaba » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:48 am

First of all, welcome to the Guild of Writers, Aaron47 ... :P

This looks absolutely awesome and beautiful, means like an age I'd love to explore ... One can almost feel the warmth of the rays of the sun and smell the clean and crisp air ... Of course, I love the idea of an airship for transportation and travelling ...

So, are you actually looking for someone to create or who helps to create this world or do you want to learn it on your own and are thus asking for advice? I am no age builder btw, so there's nothing more than appreciation to expect from myself ... However, thank you for sharing your dream with us and I wish you much luck and fun with its realization ... :)
janaba

Postby Seppolo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:27 am

Wow! :o That would be a heavenly age.
Can anyone build? :lol:

THX to janaba and to the master of behind it.
„Myst will never forgotten“

Seppolo

Postby Deledrius » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:25 pm

These look familiar. Have you shared them before (perhaps on the MOULa forum)? They are very evocative. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Aaron47 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:01 pm

I have actually posted this before, though it's been so long that I can't remember where it was. Someone made an attempt at building it, and it was a bit disappointing to be totally honest. I'd like to ask someone to build it for me, but I know that I won't be able to express the feel of the Age as I imagine it. Unfortunately I have NO idea how to build Ages. I've only done a little 3D modeling in the past. I could theoretically do that part of the creation process more easily than the coding.

I don't know. As of now I just thought I'd put the concept out there and see if anyone would want to help me make it a reality. Right now I'm just glad you guys are showing an interest :)
Aaron47

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Congratulations :)

a very nice Idea
I hope you can realize it :)
Dulcamara

Postby Christopher » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:42 pm

If you do the modeling part, I could in theory do the rest to make it to an age for Uru. For me this is the easier part ;)

Christopher
Christopher

Postby Deledrius » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:00 pm

I'd love to help bring this to life, but I have a lot of other things on my plate and can't commit to it right now.

It's a beautiful concept, but currently it seems like it's still an early stage (from what you've posted here, at least). I'll pose a few questions here to get you thinking about how to elaborate on it further, should you want to do so:

Is this a simple garden-type Age, or is there more to it? Are there puzzles to solve (for instance, how to get to certain islands the player can see but not initially reach, e.g. Todelmer)? What is the history of this place? Was it a D'ni-written Age? Was it public or private? If private, whose was it and what purpose did it serve for them? What kinds of life inhabit this place? There are plants, and I see some flying animals. Did people live here? Do they still?

No need to share all the details, of course. These are just to guide you in development of the Age. It's possible you won't use all of the answers, but having them in mind when designing helps convey a depth of place.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Aaron47 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 am

Yeah I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to do a good job modeling it. I'd rather leave it to someone who knows 3DS or Blender, or whatever because I don't know those programs at all. If anyone were to jump on the project, I'd be happy to supply more concept art to flesh it out.

Those are great questions, Deledrius. I'm thinking it is more of a garden Age, most likely not written by the D'ni, and I never considered puzzle's per se, but rather exploration, moving from one island to another. I really can't think of any background behind it right now, because it's always just been artwork, a place in my mind.
Aaron47

Postby dendwaler » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:06 pm

The concept is very nice. but has in my opinion a lot simularity withe the "stone hedge" of Karkadahn.
In fact it could be an addition to it , with different themes on different sky_isles.

Its not difficult to change from night sky into days sky with a small trick with visible regions. The samehas been done in the first magiquest age.

I can't pick up this challenge myself at this moment because i am fully occupied finishing some other stuff,
but if needed i can help a bit, because we realy need more community projects instead of solo's
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Next

Return to Art and Story