HSPlasmaNet_DIR-NOTFOUND

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: HSPlasmaNet_DIR-NOTFOUND

Postby Scarabee » Mon May 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Ok, I see.
It was just a question.
If you think that asking for help compiling such a program is not good, then I'll get myself what causes these error messages.
This is a waste of my time, so I spend most of it creating interactive entertainment in Moula.
Anyway, again, I realize that sharing knowledge is not the intention of the Guild of Writers.

What a pity :(
Mister Magic in Moula 1255010
Scarabee

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon May 05, 2014 3:02 pm

Scarabee wrote:Anyway, again, I realize that sharing knowledge is not the intention of the Guild of Writers.

What a pity :(

This is nonsense. But what do I know--I'm only trying to look out for the last bit of security Uru has left.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Doobes » Mon May 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Scarabee wrote: Anyway, again, I realize that sharing knowledge is not the intention of the Guild of Writers.

I disagree. I have worked with members of the GoW for a long time and have utilized their wiki and forums for Age building. I have also asked a few questions related to that and other things and have received a response each time.

I believe what Luna meant was that the MoulKI is *potentially* dangerous if the user does not know exactly what they are doing with it. They don't want every person with a computer trying to hack MOULa and possibly damage things to the point where Cyan would have to get involved. Plus, if it were to get into the hands of someone with malicious intent, we'd all be in trouble. This has happened before and it has resulted in the game being shut down for days while Cyan dealt with the problem. It also drained precious funds from the CAVCON.

The GoW has had this particular policy for as long as I can remember. Due to MOULa's poor security features, it's a smart move, IMHO.

It's not personal, it's just common sense.
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Scarabee » Tue May 06, 2014 12:18 am

believe what Luna meant was that the MoulKI is *potentially* dangerous if the user does not know exactly what they are doing with it. They don't want every person with a computer trying to hack MOULa and possibly damage things to the point where Cyan would have to get involved. Plus, if it were to get into the hands of someone with malicious intent, we'd all be in trouble. This has happened before and it has resulted in the game being shut down for days while Cyan dealt with the problem. It also drained precious funds from the CAVCON.

Finally, someone gives me an answer that I can understand. thank you Doobes.

You say Moulki is potentially dangerous. I understand that. But now you know me a long time.
Everything I do has always been in to build and not to destroy.
I wanted to compile Moulki, not to destroy servers but have an additional tool for working with the sole aim to improve my understanding of the game itself.
I hope you consider me as a gray hat, not a black hat.

Now if you think that answer my question can not be done publicly, for security issues, so why not do it in private email?

If Moulki is so dangerous, why have published publicly sources on GitHub?

Finally, I would remind you that I am French and I still do not understand some of your English expressions such as: "I'm only trying to look out for the last bit of security Uru has left" or " IMHO" .

My intention was not to offend you but to try to make you understand that, like you, I try to understand and advance in the Uru programming, in compliance with safety rules.
Also, do not answer my question, that I will lose time searching for the solution myself while a simpe answer, even in private, would be easier for me.
Mister Magic in Moula 1255010
Scarabee

Postby Lyrositor » Tue May 06, 2014 1:02 am

Michel, MoulKI est dangereux parce qu'il offre très peu de protections pour son utilisateur - même si tes intentions sont bonnes, il est très facile d'accidentellement supprimer quelque chose ou de rentrer une mauvaise valeur qui risque de corrompre tout un avatar ou tout un hood. Cependant, la philosophie de la Guilde des Écrivains est que ce qu'ils développent en privé ne devrait pas le rester indéfiniment, surtout lorsqu'il peut s'agir de quelque chose d'utile (dans le cas de MoulKI, par exemple, c'est très utile pour tester des serveurs DIRTSAND locaux), et c'est pour cela que MoulKI est disponible sur Github ; cependant, cela ne veut pas dire qu'ils vont donner de la documentation dessus, car cela serait équivalent à poster un guide "Comment hacker MO:UL en 5 étapes faciles". L'idée est que si l'utilisateur arrive à compiler MoulKI et à l'utiliser, il aurait également pu hacker MO:UL d'une autre manière, donc cela ne change pas grand chose qu'il ait un outil facile pour le faire ou non (en réalité, beaucoup de ce que MoulKI peut faire peut être recréé avec le client interne, éventuellement avec quelques modifications simples de son code source).

---------------------

Michel, MoulKI is dangerous because it offers very few protections for its user - even if you have good intentions, it's very easy to accidentally delete something or to enter an invalid value and risk the corruption of an entire avatar or hood. Nevertheless, the philosophy of the Guild of Writers is that what they develop in private shouldn't remain private indefinitely, especially when it's something useful (in MoulKI's case, for example, it's very useful for testing of local DIRTSAND servers), which is why MoulKI is available on Github ; nevertheless, this doesn't mean they will provide documentation for it, as that would amount to posting a guide "How to Hack MO:UL in 5 Easy Steps". The idea is that if the user manages to compile MoulKI and to use it, he could've also hacked MO:UL in another way; therefore, it doesn't change much either way that the potential hacker has access to a convenient tool to do it or not (in reality, much of what MoulKI can do can be recreated by the internal client, eventually with a few simple modifications of its source code).
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
Lyrositor
Director of Wiki Operations

Postby Annabelle » Tue May 06, 2014 5:25 am

Je me suis fait expliquer cette raison (ce que Lyrositor dit dans son message) textuellement il y a quelques années quand je leur ai demandé si je pouvais avoir accès à MoulKI.
"Si tu n'es pas en mesure de le compiler...seras-tu en mesure de l'utiliser adéquatement?" Et ensuite : "Quelle en sera l'utilité?" Ma réponse était la simple curiosité; et avec un outil si dangereux entre mes mains...valait mieux que je me fasse à l'idée! :lol:

plClient est facilement accessible aux utilisateurs car il y a dans son code des garde-fou (ce que je me suis fait dire), MoulKI non.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Writers told me exactly what Lyrositor explained in his post few years ago when I asked them if they could give me access to that tool.
"If you cannot even compile it...how do you think you will be able to use it accordingly?" And then: "Why do you want to use it?" The only answer I could frankly come up with was my curiosity; curiosity with a very dangerous tool at my fingertips...it was clear as crystal water! :lol:

Anyone can use plClient for instance because there are some fiddles in its code acting as foul guards (what I've been told), MoulKI no.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Previous

Return to Scripting