Would it work to set up a DevART account?

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Would it work to set up a DevART account?

Postby janaba » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 am

Agreed, a great presentation again of a beautiful, interesting age ... :P
janaba

Postby Jamey » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:49 am

kaeebonrai wrote:Well, as a note, Jamey, 3dsmax, although only 32-bit versions of 3dsmax is now a fairly supported export path. Funny how so many of us are re-surfacing. =P

Well, I'm currently running Max on 64 bit, so I'm not sure if there is a workaround to that or not. But in any case; that sounds like it's leaps ahead in terms of progress when working with 3DS Max for Uru, compared to when I was here years ago.
It's awesome seeing how much progress everyone has made. Gives me high hopes for what the future has in store! :D
KI#46415
Jamey

Postby Afalstein » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:31 pm

Pics of Doobes Guild of Messengers Pub are now up!

http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/gallery/
Afalstein

Postby Deledrius » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Excellent shots of the Pub!

By the way, I notice you've left the cursor in many of these screenshots. You may want to wait until it fades out before taking the capture (or hold down the right mouse button which hides it immediately). It feels somewhat sloppy to have it floating there in your images (although, if you look through the images embedded in the data files for Uru you'll see that Cyan often overlooked this too!)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:49 am

Afalstein wrote:Pics of Doobes Guild of Messengers Pub are now up!

They're great - I now need to re-visit the pub and look around yet again!
Acorn

Postby janaba » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:20 am

Afalstein, wow, just wow ... I am once again blown away ... This presentation of the GoW pub is absolutely, stunningly awesome ... The pictures and resp. comments and quotes by our precious Doobes, one of the main creative minds behind all of this, are so wonderfully chosen and are brilliantly illustrating the breathtaking excellence and grandeur of this new extraordinary D'ni environment and meeting place for all kinds of personalities and occasions ... An awesome job, Afalstein, and a great tribute to this new gem in the D'niverse ... :P

Doobes, maybe the Guild could make this public on the MOUL forums, so that everyone who didn't get in touch with this yet could see what's possible and available, and this presentation already beautifully outlines the manifold purposes etc. ... What a wonderful addition to and enhancement for MOULa that would be ... I wonder how those at Cyan think and feel about this ... :)
janaba

Postby Afalstein » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:20 pm

Deledrius wrote:Excellent shots of the Pub!

By the way, I notice you've left the cursor in many of these screenshots. You may want to wait until it fades out before taking the capture (or hold down the right mouse button which hides it immediately). It feels somewhat sloppy to have it floating there in your images (although, if you look through the images embedded in the data files for Uru you'll see that Cyan often overlooked this too!)

With some, I wanted to show the interactivity, so the cursor was intentional. A lot of the folks on DevART aren't aware of Uru or how it works, so letting the cursor highlight another player is helpful to remind them that this is a game that you can totally play for free. Others, it's more a case of time--the doors by the conference room close if you wait too long, and I wanted to show them opening.

But others are me being sloppy, you're right. I'll try to work on that.
Afalstein

Postby Deledrius » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Ah, I see. Good reasoning; I hadn't thought of that. Carry on then! :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Afalstein » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:51 pm

"Relativity" is now up on the DevART page, and my goodness it was a lot of work just to try to get a comprehensive and cohesive gallery of that age. But it's fascinating. You should totally take a look. http://dni-guild-of-writers.deviantart.com/gallery/
Afalstein

Postby janaba » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:56 am

What an awesome presentation once again, Afalstein, this time of one of maybe the most wondrous and extraordinary ones, and with great comments emphasizing the magic and genius transmitted ... It is also great that you've added the link to the first non-textured video version of Relativity, which is already absolutely astounding ... Finally someone asked if those pictures belonged to a game and which one ... :P

Yeah, the 'Dni-Guild-of-Writers' has quite an impressive gallery to showcase on DevArt by now, great job, Afalstein ... :)
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion