Gehn.20 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.20 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Changes in this build:
  • Add chat history browsing.
  • Add text shadows to the KI.
  • Buff the floors in Vothol Gallery.
  • Fix chat fade bug.
  • Fix crash related to other players uploading things to imagers.
  • Fix floating kickables/slave cave problems.
  • Fix missing Relto books.
  • Fix moar memory leaks.
  • Fix player deletion nuking client sessions.
  • Fix potential server crash when receiving bad data from clients.
  • Fix problem with sending KI mail containing naughty words to imagers.
  • Update the Nexus software to present a book to a new Guild of Messenger's Pub.
  • Splat transforms.

Extra-special thanks to Doobes for his contribution of the new content debuting here in Gehn 20. We hope you all enjoy this new Pub location!
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.20 Live!

Postby Acorn » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Good morning and congrats, everyone - I'll be firing up a new avvie asap, to test it all out and explore our lovely new pub. :D

If you've really fixed the slave cave issues, congratulations! That's a really nice surprise! 8-)
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:07 am

Acorn wrote:If you've really fixed the slave cave issues, congratulations! That's a really nice surprise! 8-)

It seemed to work for me, so here's hoping! Let us know how you fare with it. :)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Acorn » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:05 am

The pub is brilliant, Doobes and everyone. My favourite place to sit so far is
Show Spoiler
There were so many lovely details:
Show Spoiler
. Some are a bit challenging to see - like the
Show Spoiler

Did you think of making that
Show Spoiler
Given the detailing elsewhere, it was surprisingly plain on the other side.

If/when you're tweaking collisions (or whatever the technical term is :oops: ) if you run at the
Show Spoiler
, the avvie's leg goes through the edge of the table.

Not a Gehn20 issue but I'd never tried it until inspired by CW just now - if you save clothing for one avvie, you can load it for another - which is handy - BUT I then loaded female clothing onto a male avvie, which had the effect of making the avvie change sex - and there is no "unload clothing" as far as I know, so I don't think I can change back! (I hadn't saved a male oufit, which would be the only way I could think of to reverse the effect.) Edited - I logged out and back in to that avvie and he's male again - phew!)

edits x 2 - to correct two typos

Deledrius wrote:
Acorn wrote:If you've really fixed the slave cave issues, congratulations! That's a really nice surprise! 8-)

It seemed to work for me, so here's hoping! Let us know how you fare with it. :)

will do! :D
Last edited by Acorn on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Acorn

Postby janaba » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:09 am

Good morning, everyone, and Congratulations!!! Wow, this looks and sounds all very exciting and promising ... I don't know if and when I'll have the time to log in today, for now resp. in a couple of hours I'll 'skim' through the Youtube record of that awesomeness, which sounds already like you've had lots of fun together, wonderful ... At least or at the very latest, I suppose, we'll see us all tonight (my time lol) at the AGM ... :P

Now that I see Acorns post, while I'm posting this I believe I w i l l definitely find some time today to see and breathe that in myself lol ... :D
janaba

Postby Acorn » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:45 am

I just took a look at the *shiny" new Vothol - don't know why but I'd previously thought of the floor as more like a carpet. The inner red circle is indeed lovely and shiny now 8-) but I get a weird flickering effect from areas of the two outermost grey parts of the floor, most noticeable near the point where you can climb the central structure - not sure if it's just down to my rubbishy laptop or whether others can see this same effect? And, again, not sure if it's new, and a result of your shinification, or whether it's old and I just hadn't noticed.

janaba wrote:
Now that I see Acorns post, while I'm posting this I believe I w i l l definitely find some time today to see and breathe that in myself lol ... :D

great! :D
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:25 am

I just tried to link to Phil's Relto - the slave caves having behaved themselves perfectly so far :D but got an error message "unable to link" and then the whole shard seems to have crashed - hope it wasn't my doing :oops: I must admit to playing rather fast and loose with the "loadclothing" command, having discovered it took me to the login point for whichever age I used it in, which was coming in handy when collecting the GZ markers.... 8-) But I hope that isn't what caused the shard to go down :(
Acorn

Postby Luna » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:30 am

Acorn wrote:I just tried to link to Phil's Relto - the slave caves having behaved themselves perfectly so far :D but got an error message "unable to link" and then the whole shard seems to have crashed - hope it wasn't my doing :oops: I must admit to playing rather fast and loose with the "loadclothing" command, having discovered it took me to the login point for whichever age I used it in, which was coming in handy when collecting the GZ markers.... 8-) But I hope that isn't what caused the shard to go down :(

The company hosting the Gehn shard seems to be having trouble lately so it probably wasn't you :)
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby Acorn » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:38 am

Luna wrote:
The company hosting the Gehn shard seems to be having trouble lately so it probably wasn't you :)

thanks, Luna! :P
Acorn

Postby Doobes » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:40 am

I offer my own personal congrats to the GoW for this new release and a BIG thank you for all the wonderful fixes this update. Well done, my friends!

As far as the Pub, this is merely version 1.0 as far as releases. There ARE future updates and fixes planned for the future, including replacing a few textures, fixing some collider business, making the floors "K'veer and Vothol shiny", AND...further down the line...we may finally pull back those curtains on the second floor and see what's in those two rooms. :D

Any and all feedback is very much appreciated and will be added to the "to-do" list, so please keep writing down anything you notice that's a bit...off.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the Pub!
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Next

Return to Gehn Shard