~Shorah Paths~

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: ~Shorah Paths~

Postby Zesty of Xeniphers » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:45 am

janaba, i just sent you a PM :)
Zesty of Xeniphers

Postby janaba » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:14 am

Zesty of Xeniphers wrote:janaba, i just sent you a PM :)

Got it and answered ... :P
janaba

Postby zftm » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:03 am

My friends and I have made it into the stronghold and enjoyed looking around there. But, we feel we are not done, because the book in the stronghold mentions a "Tome" of a book and hints to a beautiful garden age. We cannot find a book or another age to link to.

My question is: Is there something we have missed ie this other book, or a link to another age?
Thank you.
zftm

Postby zftm » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:13 pm

One of my friends was able to talk with Jaguar and there will be more ages, the next one is in progress. This one (for now) is complete once you have succeeded in making it into / opening the Stronghold. - Very fun age (with VERY challenging second maze). Enjoy!!! Well done Jaguar and team !!!!
zftm

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:58 pm

Shorah all.
First, i will ask excuse for not to have answer in this topic, but i haven't see it.
I go to explane the reasons for my change of Shorah_Pahts condition....
From the able Beta Tester, i have see any problem with black walls and the door of my castle who you can look back to it too it is close. For that, my change is create a better light sistem and a new panoramic view point near to the castle. In last, is true: i have lock the access to the top mountain, because in that site i haven't take care of graphics and dectailes. Remember who all Cyan ages have the locked wall for cannot see the not comlpete zone. In end, i have give phisic application to a protection of the gazebo, who annabelle have said me is void. But nothing more.......
In your topic i have read you have locate any change who i not have to do. Not problem in the offline version....This thing is very strange.....I haven't Touch the stairs in the Plaza, i not touch the stairs in the labirint......In my project all work correct....I'm sorry for wath you have said me, but i don't know wath is success.
For the new age, now need have patience....is a long job. BUt for answer to a long question, the 4 maps are the exact map of the second labirint. Perfect precision, because is printed from the original project. Is your job use it in correct mode.
If there is any problem, said that to Diafero.....in my offline version all work correct. Diafero have said me there are problem with the sounds in Deep Island....I not will there is too any problem with the Triggers applications. In this case i cannot solve it, because there are not problems into my station. Thanks for have see and critic my age. Is a good think, because can help me to do a better job with the second.
Shorah for now.
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby Annabelle » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:17 pm

Shorah Jhon!

Here's a video I made tonight
Show Spoiler

It will explain in moving images my previous post made on May 27th, 2014. I hope you were not offend by my comments. I was angry, I'm still (less after 3 weeks...). You might have turn a collision ON near the solar power plant without noticing it afterall. Anyway, if you could void that collision back to its initial state, I would be really happy :D !

As for the spiralled staircase, I know many explorers approached you online trying to explain you the issue. I hope this video will make you see what it is ;)

Here's the link to my video: http://youtu.be/BdtGY3OgtYk

Enjoy!
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby janaba » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:46 am

With that he really put his foot into s o m e t h i n g ;) , something very delicate and sensitive in today's Uru community, but I suppose he did it absolutely unknowingly, although deliberately, for his own understandable reasons he described above
Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:'... i have lock the access to the top mountain, because in that site i haven't take care of graphics and dectailes. Remember who all Cyan ages have the locked wall for cannot see the not comlpete zone ...'

Jhon, 'exploration' in Uru has become a complete different and much more expanded meaning, status and creative form of expression so to speak ... Those skydiving and breaking through collisions and using glitches and bugs to further and extend their freedom of movement and exploration do not care for pixelized and blurry textures etc., they know how it looks like at the edges of the ages and love to jump into those voids, roam over the mountain tops and look into every nook and cranny etc... Those are just the new challenges and new forms of exploration and free movement for many, who have explored Uru in all versions a hundred times or more ... and besides that they're creating beautiful marker quests and art works for all etc., which contributed a lot to the fact that Uru is still here and interesting for quite an amount of people, but it is of course difficult when you're new and don't know this all and as such to be able to take this into consideration ... :P

Annabelle, your video is really beautiful and lovely, and yes, everyone who has even only tried to put sth like this together can imagine how much work went into this and how time is flying by, every age creator and programmer knows how much effort and time you have to put into sth very small or even invisible to many ... :)

Edit: I've put Jhon's statement into a more discernable quote, so that not everyone will repeat that over and over again ... :lol:

(it is very nice btw that we can edit our posts again without any time constraints, Adam ... :D )
Last edited by janaba on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
janaba

Postby Ehren » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Annabelle wrote:You might have turn a collision ON near the solar power plant without noticing it afterall. Anyway, if you could void that collision back to its initial state, I would be really happy :D !

I think he's saying that he DID put the collision there on purpose:

Jhon J. Jaguar wrote:In last, is true: i have lock the access to the top mountain, because in that site i haven't take care of graphics and dectailes.

He also put collision at the dock, which is good because before you could jump right over the ropes and fall through the water and the rock layer right beneath it.

When designing an age to be seen/revealed in a certain way, I can see why someone would want to block the use of an area that permits a very different unintended view of the entire age.
Ehren

Postby Annabelle » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:05 pm

As Janaba mentioned, the word 'exploration' may be understood in many ways.

A lot of explorers will say they 'explore' an age by going the intended paths, 'exploring' what is open for them by the authors of the given age. For me 'exploration' is a wider activity that includes seeing everything, going everywhere within that age even if it's not finished or very dangerous (out of collisions' security field). Ehren mentioned the jump that we could do in the previous version that has now been disabled in the newer version (I hadn't notice that change, thanks for pointing this out Ehren!)... Jhon has most likely thought: "Oh I don't want explorers to jump there and 'kill' themselves, that's not the purpose of my age, let me patch that". On the other hand, I'm affected by this change because that was a nice feature, yes a feature! It gave me an additional incentive to visit the age, just like the mountain top railing jump.

I dislike 'perfect' age as they are very boring, just like for example "Trebid'vil". I don't go there unless there's an event because there's nothing for me over there. There are no exploitable flaws for me. There was a huge flaw back in the day when the old physics was still present on Ghen or TOC MOUL. I used to go there a lot. I was able to jump on top of a collision wall then from there go almost everywhere. Since the new physic is in force in these 2 shards, I don't go anymore.

It might be odd in your mind to read me saying to Justintime to correct this and that in Tsoidahl Prad. I know that after those changes... I won't like his age as much as it is right now. I'll still have the possibility to keep it as is on my URU:CC offline. So yes, I'm trying to spot flaws for him to improve his age, but in the other hand, I won't enjoy the newer state as much.

----

I have some reticence to publish other videos on fan ages. I have the bad feeling the writers will just go: "Hmm...Annabelle spotted this and this and that, let me patch those flaws in a future version!".

----

Always think that I won't make any further publicity on Shorah Pahts age. I made a small video there...that's it! Cause and consequence... This goes for every fan ages that will be modified to correct flaws that just give a plus to exploration.

And always ask you this question when repairing something: "Is the flaw I'm about to patch was a flaw exploited by every explorers that visit my age, to a point that the main purpose of my age has been perverted or it's just a single little flaw known only by some skydivers and they are fully aware of the consequences of going beyond it?" If the answer is the 2nd (in 100% of the cases) then there's no need to patch the flaw at all. You just make some people angry (skydivers) for no evident reason of protecting the unaware mass of explorers that won't even think of jumping over the railing to explore the mountain tops!!! They won't think of this action because they don't think like a skydiver. And if for an obscure reason, someone thinks that we, skydivers, are not interested in playing the age as intended, you are so wrong! We all play as intended, we all go from point A to point B, only the skydivers like afterward to go to point C, to point D, to point E, etc. The best way to keep people interest in your age is to let those flaws intact, the flaws that no explorer (except skydivers) will be willing to go through.

Why am I visiting Elodea's Schatzkammern at least 2 to 3 times a month even after a full year after release? Because I'm exploring, exploring like a skydiver does. I know how to solve it. No point for me to redo it 50 times!

Please writers, keep this in mind when you want to "patch" the flaws in your age... ;)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:18 pm

HEHE....OK..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
For the truth, in original project i have think a free age for the exploration. But i hope you can understand my favourite think for close the top of the mountain. :P Annabelle, don't worry.....I apprecied all comments, because can help me to create in better mode my second age. ;) Lonirvan is another experiment, were i will give bread for all minds.....ALL YOUR GENIAL MINDS, my friends. :D :D :D
For that i need work underground, but i promise i does my best for all you. Take patience now. THanks all for have visit and comment my job. I have apprecied very much that.
Now my first test are for a beast....A great beast.....i not spoil the sourprise, but remember......WARNING TO THE BEAST... :shock: :o :?
Shorah all. Take care ;)
Jhon J. Jaguar

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island