Plasma Shop

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Plasma Shop

Postby zeke365 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:28 am

Now I very new at this and I following the directions to the t on the wiki page but for some odd reason (plus already tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well) 2.2 interpeter and 2.3 interrupter in the shop share the same documents and I have deleted all that is related there and here what I get when I go to options and to python interrupter it still seems to be there like a game can not be erased all I want to get get the interrupter cleared so I can start fresh again.

One other question is when you say Unzip its contents to your desired target folder - there is no installer. (what folder are you talking about.)

I m trying and I using Uru CC game to do this as well, I was using GOG game connects with deep island shard and noticed that the two were interfering so I deleted those and this the actual Cd one as well.

Thanks for your help, I really want to build an age I have in mind it just getting over this hump. that all. :)
zeke365

Re: Plasma Shop

Postby Luna » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:13 am

I don't understand what you are saying about the python 2.2 and python 2.3 interpreters. If you want to develop ages for Uru CC you only need Python 2.2.

"desired target folder" means "Any folder you want that is empty". It's usually easiest to create a new folder, if possible not on your windows drive(C:)

You'll want to use a clean Uru installation, it's okay to use GOG's without the Deep Island patch. NEVER change the Deep Island shard files(or files from any other shard) unless you know what you're doing.
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby zeke365 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:37 am

hopefully these photos will explain my problem better. Pay attention the circle I have drawn. I have tried reinstalling and instilling the plasma shop several times but I get the same results. Plus I have erased everything I could find the related to it but can get it to to a clean slate.
Attachments
Uru help 3.jpg
This one is confusing because as soon as I add the game to the plasma shop I get this and that not what want I want follow direction complete. Plus I can not do new python packs either give me an error
Uru help 3.jpg (65.2 KiB) Viewed 8207 times
Uru Help 2.jpg
This will show you I already have it in when in reality I have not even gone to edit games and added the game and acts like it already instilled.
Uru Help 2.jpg (68.41 KiB) Viewed 8207 times
Uru help 1.jpg
This is the main problem I have and I cant seem to ease it to start a new slate cause that what I want.
Uru help 1.jpg (77.42 KiB) Viewed 8207 times
zeke365

Postby Luna » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:38 am

...It's being helpful. It already filled out the games installation path for you, if you want to use a different install you can click on the little folder icon on the right and change it.
Same thing probably happened at the python interpreters although I can't see enough of the path to make sure.

The first picture is what plasma shop looks like if you have it correctly installed and setup a game. That's where you can open the python folder, find and extract the python.pak like described here http://www.guildofwriters.org/wiki/PlasmaShop
Code: Select all
long longestTimeWithoutPlayingMoula = (new Date()) - (new Date(2014, 9, 26));
Luna

Postby zeke365 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:14 am

figured it out what had happened and why I was getting these error was I was putting the python 2.3 in the plasma floder in the interpter rather than the python. 2.2 in the interpter
zeke365

Postby zeke365 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 pm

okay how long does decomplying take cause its been on this more than 6 hours in the python pak. It stuck on decomplying ptWordDliter.pyc what should I do just waited it out or is it really stuck there?
zeke365

Postby dendwaler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:20 am

You can also use URUpython 3.1. for the *.pak files
Very simple to use and fast. (seconds not hours)

Difficult to find but the link inside D'Lanors post still works.
I wonder why its not in the Wiki.

http://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5422&p=55467&hilit=urupython#p55467
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Sirius » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 am

Personally I only use Plasmashop to unpack the files (and also compile/repack). Decompiling is way too slow with it.
I use Drizzle to decompile pyc files - it's faster than Plasmashop, you can select only the files you want and the output is more readable in my opinion. Drawback: you can't do several files at once.
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:13 am

PlasmaShop 2 and UruPython both use the old decompyle, implemented in Python itself. Therefore, it is slow. It also has some problems with certain files and sits frozen forever. PlasmaShop 3 uses Zrax's pycdc python decompiler, which is faster (written in C++), supports most versions of Python, and AFAIK has no bugs with the Uru python.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby zeke365 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Well I fixed the problem, it was I had stopped in the middle of decomlying therefore it was stuck so I had to delete that src folder and make a new one and decomply again and worked, right now I reading on how to do do fonts for the age of Kirin.
zeke365

Next

Return to Plasma Development