Spawn Point Question...

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Spawn Point Question...

Postby Beavis » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:40 am

Please forgive me if this is the incorrect place to ask this, but I had a question about spawn points "names" as it relates to OfflineKI in URU:CC.

So say if I wanted to create a couple new books in 'ULMServerLinkBook.inf' on the lower shelf of my Relto bookshelf, both links to spawn points in the 'Garrison.age'. One would point to 'grsnTeamRmPurple' and the other to 'grsnJourneyCloth04POS'. Now looking through the Python, neither of these have a specific "LinkInPoint..." spawnpoint name as many other locations do in URU:CC.

Is it possible to have a direct link to these spawnpoint locations in an age as I have stated above? Or would it require re-writing something in the python code, say in 'python.pak:xLinkingBookDefs.py' to make it happen?

Also, is there a master list of all the directly linkable spawnpoints available in URU:CC, MystV, ect, for use in OfflineKI?

Thanks is advance to anyone that can set me on the correct path!
Beavis

Re: Spawn Point Question...

Postby Ehren » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Beavis wrote:So say if I wanted to create a couple new books in 'ULMServerLinkBook.inf' on the lower shelf of my Relto bookshelf, both links to spawn points in the 'Garrison.age'. One would point to 'grsnTeamRmPurple' and the other to 'grsnJourneyCloth04POS'. Now looking through the Python, neither of these have a specific "LinkInPoint..." spawnpoint name as many other locations do in URU:CC.

I don't know much about 'ULMServerLinkBook.inf' but where are you aiming for? 'grsnJourneyCloth04POS' links to the very top Veranda of Gahreesen's large building and 'grsnTeamRmPurple' is not an existing spawn point.

Here's spawn points for various rooms in the training center:

Yellow Team Room: StartinBoxYellow
Yellow Control Room: LinkInPointCtrlRm01
Yellow Observation Room: pstObservationRoom (this room is also where 'grsnJourneyCloth03POS' is)
Purple Team Room: StartinBoxPurple
Purple Control Room: LinkInPointCtrlRm02
Purple Observation Room: pstObservationRoom01

Beavis wrote:Also, is there a master list of all the directly linkable spawnpoints available in URU:CC, MystV, ect, for use in OfflineKI?

I made this list of spawn points, mostly for the bigger ages/areas (though not for Myst V). On here I put them in a spoiler tag for each age. They should probably be documented somewhere if they aren't already. Heh
Personal (Relto)
Show Spoiler

Garrison (Gahreesen)
Show Spoiler

Teledahn
Show Spoiler

Kadish
Show Spoiler

Gira (Eder Gira)
Show Spoiler

Garden (Eder Kemo)
Show Spoiler

Ercana (Er'cana)
Show Spoiler

AhnySphere01 (Ahnonay Sphere 1)
Show Spoiler

AhnySphere02 (Ahnonay Sphere 2)
Show Spoiler

AhnySphere03 (Ahnonay Sphere 3)
Show Spoiler

AhnySphere04 (Ahnonay Sphere 4 + Exterior)
Show Spoiler

Cleft (D'ni-Riltagamin)
Show Spoiler

Neighborhood (D'ni-Bevin)
Show Spoiler

city (D'ni-Ae'gura)
Show Spoiler

GreatZero (D'ni-Rezeero)
Show Spoiler

Neighborhood02 & KirelMOUL (D'ni-Kirel)
Show Spoiler

KveerMOUL (D'ni-K'veer)
Show Spoiler

BahroCave (D'ni-Rudenna)
Show Spoiler

BahroCave02 (D'ni-Rudenna)
Show Spoiler
Ehren

Postby Beavis » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:07 am

Excellent!

Thank you Ehren! That's exactly what I was looking for. I looked for quite a while and could not find these spawn point names on the Internet or in the decrypted code. (Could be I didn't look hard enough.)

Can't wait to try them out. Thanks again!
Beavis

Postby Karkadann » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:56 pm

WOW jackpot

Thank you
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby janaba » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:33 am

Yeah, this is wonderful, great, Ehren ... :)
janaba

Return to Off-Topic Discussion