Wall code for MOULa

Help bring our custom Ages to life! Share tips and tricks, as well as code samples with other developers.

Re: Wall code for MOULa

Postby johnsojc » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:04 pm

I've rewritten and tweaked the code every way I could think of but...

Although I managed to trick the script to make the losers know that they lost and to go execute the endgame code, the loser client always crashes. I can get either the yellow or purple team to win the game.

Using the exitsubworld did not work to enable accessing the nexus book machine... the barrier is still up.

I think I'm done for now... the problem does not appear to be in the Python code.

Yep! Another great learning experience and another failed outcome. There's nothing wrong with the Python code... something in the client or the server code is causing the problems (and it doesn't help that the cyan files are a mess as well). Walking away from this project before I smash my computer in frustration.
johnsojc

Postby Scarabee » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:42 am

Hello to all writers.

I return to this subject that has been without comment for several months.

I tested the two paks: the Sirius (MOULaWall) and that of Christopher (molded-scripts-climbingWall).
Both work with the exception of climbing the wall itself.
When a player reaches the top of the ladder and moves to the right or left, on the bridge at the bottom of the wall, the avatar goes into the background and the game crashes.

Does someone could fix that?

Thanks.
Mister Magic in Moula 1255010
Scarabee

Postby Sirius » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:51 pm

I think Christopher's modification didn't work in your case, for some reason. It should take care of this nasty bug on the client side. You may not have compiled the UruExplorer.exe correctly (other people here may be able to provide more infos).
My python pack only fixes the logic with the panels, not the climb itself (although I did make a DI version that also has a workaround for climbing, but it has never been used in MOUL).
Sirius

Postby Christopher » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:17 am

Scarabee wrote:Hello to all writers.

I return to this subject that has been without comment for several months.

I tested the two paks: the Sirius (MOULaWall) and that of Christopher (molded-scripts-climbingWall).
Both work with the exception of climbing the wall itself.
When a player reaches the top of the ladder and moves to the right or left, on the bridge at the bottom of the wall, the avatar goes into the background and the game crashes.

Does someone could fix that?

Thanks.

That's not a problem with the python files. It's a problem with the client. I made these changes to the client for the wall to work properly in MOULa. I also think that you don't have the newest client, because at least the crash should already be fixed back in january.

I also did a complete rewrite of the python code of the wall. We are currently testing the new changes, but it looks very promising (seems that I finally fixed all the bugs from the old files)

Christopher
Christopher

Previous

Return to Scripting