Tosholek 2.0 Released for PotS

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Tosholek 2.0 Released for PotS

Postby Sirius » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:17 am

Yes, indeed, very good work ! :P Nice lighting, great music, etc...

The dark lines around the water's edge Janaba mentioned puzzled me too.
It might be caused by the UV mapping for the decal - see the picture below...
Show Spoiler

I exaggerated a bit the distance from the border - avoiding the picture's last pixel is generally enough.

And wow, Ainia, now that's a good catch ! The symbol blends really well with the picture, but it does looks like Tweek's logo.
Sirius

Postby Tweek » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:49 am

Good eye Ainia, I had completely forgotten about that (I did the Sholek paintings a while ago).

Yeah it's a modified version of a bahroglyph taken from a tattoo I have going up the inside of my arm (which in turn was taken from bahroglyphs in Noloben). I have since co-opted it as my signature for my artwork as I needed something simple that stands out yet scales well.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby janaba » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:28 am

What a wonderful tattoo, Tweek, and I really mean it, for me it has something ... something pristine ... however, thanks for sharing all those beautiful insights ... :P
janaba

Postby Annabelle » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:10 am

I like this new version!

The addition of the paintings are a nice touch. The water reflects on the walls and the way some stones on the pavement reflects a subtle blue light are nice additions too.

I see that you corrected some anomalies of your previous version; now we are blocked in every spot to go beyond what we are intended to stay. I saw also that you removed almost everything outside the normal areas. I think its best that way since we are kept inside anyway, why adding objects which are not seen.

Good job :)
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Whilyam » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:26 am

Ehren: Toroolbah is defunct at this point. It was a great place for me to experiment with wiring and story dumping, but I was never happy with the design. I do like the idea of an icy Age, and I have new assets to make it work, but it needs a solid design first, probably going more off the old house designs I had someone (cannot remember your name right now) do a long time ago. IC, the Age was unstable and I have moved all of the documents elsewhere. If I get enough time, I have plans for a new document display area but I'm not interested in making another "hub" like that at the moment. I'd much rather have my Ages link to other Ages where they make sense.

Sirius: I'll have to try that again. Maybe I didn't go far enough away.

Annabelle: Thanks! Things outside the normal areas were supposed to be areas for expansion, but ideas changed as well as techniques so I found it better to just clean the area up. There are, of course, two giant red spinning easter eggs. :P
Whilyam

Postby diafero » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:31 am

Yay, a new age :) [update] . Finally something to do again... Whilyam, are you okay with me putting this on UAM and DI?
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Whilyam » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:32 pm

Sure. The old version's on there anyway, isnt' it?
Whilyam

Postby diafero » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:41 am

I would think so, but I can't find it in the UAM list... ah, right, it's called "Sholek's Temple".

I'll upload it alter today. Lucky enough I saw this so quickly, I mostly stopped checking these forums except for when someone emails me :) .

EDIT: Uploads are done.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Acorn » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:58 am

diafero wrote:
EDIT: Uploads are done.

Thanks, diafero! :)

Congrats, Whilyam and Tweek :D
Acorn

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:59 am

The athmosphäre in this Age is like a Original Uruage.
Very beautifull. :)
Dulcamara

Previous

Return to General Discussion