Fehnir House Released

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Fehnir House Released

Postby Chuckles58 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:58 am

Excellent work, Tweek! I especially like the view of the City Proper.

Show Spoiler

I hope you choose to add to it sometime in the future, but it's great as is.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby Aloys » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:29 am

I'm going away on holidays tomorrow I need to add this one to my growing list of new rad Ages to check when I'm back. :/

Chuckles58 wrote:
Show Spoiler

Show Spoiler
Aloys

Postby Tweek » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks, glad you liked it.

I was hoping to have the music loop, I wanted it to play, wait a minute or 2 and then loop again as having it loop right after was rather jarring.

To those who felt the music fits, it should do it's one of Tim Larkin's pieces ;)

In the future a new build will be released (hopefully with a working Ahry'ahn Book) and I can fix the music looping and some other issues that need tinkering with.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Norfren » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:14 pm

But who is that white dude with pipe under the house? The ghost of Mr Sherlock Holmes?
Norfren

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:57 pm

That is a rather interesting apparition. Hmmmm, with that Linking book and tool pouch on his belt I wonder just who it might possibly be. Hey is it possible that Watson or Phil might just be coming back to haunt us???
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Tweek » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Just a figure I use for scaling.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Calam » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Tweek wrote:Thanks, glad you liked it.

I was hoping to have the music loop, I wanted it to play, wait a minute or 2 and then loop again as having it loop right after was rather jarring.

To those who felt the music fits, it should do it's one of Tim Larkin's pieces ;)

In the future a new build will be released (hopefully with a working Ahry'ahn Book) and I can fix the music looping and some other issues that need tinkering with.

You could try adding 20 seconds of silence to the end of the music file and just have it loop continuously.
Calam

Postby Tweek » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:31 pm

that's a good idea
Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Tweek » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:25 am

I know you're not supposed to bump old threads, but I'd like to keep all information regarding Fehnir's House release and updates to this designated thread if possible.

During the short spats of free time I have I've been working on the new version of Fehnir's House. At the moment I'm debating whether to release an interim version that has all the updates I've been working on but without access to Lehns and Ahryahn. Lehns is in phase 1 - 2 at the moment and Ahryahn is back in Phase 1 after I accidentally saved over the file and the backup which resulted in me losing everything I had done (clever right?).

As you may know, the initial version of Fehnir's House was created in a short amount of time for the D'ni Location Contest. As a result it wasn't really as polished as it could have been (and at the time I was rather proud of what I have built). Upon looking back at screenshots of the old place I realized how (in my opinion) terrible it looked. So version 2 sees a lot of changes and improvements.

The room itself has been scaled up slightly, just to make it a bit more breathable and I have added a second room you can get to if you can figure it out. Most of the textures have been updated and finalized (new painting on the wall to replace that horrible D'ni triptych) and new lighting has been added (via lightmaps and vertex painting). I have re-written some of the documentation in the room as well to try and iron out some errors (truth be told I suck at writing) and to remove contradictions in the canon I had noticed. I've also added some backdrop stuff to the D'ni city and the Great Zero beam to make it more believable.

I'm currently working on having the music play when you activate the Cannen instead of having it looping constantly. I've also added a bunch of artifacts and what not to the second room and there will be more documentation in there as well. I know that a lot of folks have said there isn't much to do in Fehnir's House and that is true but at the same time it is by design. The room (and possibly the house if I ever decide to finish building out the rest of the building) is mainly a story dump and a hub to access Lehns and Ahryahn which will have more interactive elements and further flesh out the lore surrounding Fehnir and his family.

And here are some screenshots for you of the current version. There are still things to iron out like adding glare to the lamps and fixing the spot lamp glare above the Ahryahn book.

Beneath - IC Blog.
Tweek

Postby Deledrius » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:59 am

Those are excellent improvements! It looks great. :)

I think it would be good to update the existing Fehnir House, even if the accompanying Ages are not yet ready. Just make the books inaccessible (in a locked case, perhaps, or entirely unplaced) for now.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion