Korman 0.02 Released!

News pertaining to the site and the forums, as well as guild discussions and events in the world of Uru.

Re: Korman 0.02 Released!

Postby Doobes » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:23 am

Hooray for the new release! Time to update and create some tutorials. :D
KI #s: MOULa - 6302, Minkata - 35287, Gehn - 14291,
TOC - 82340, DI - 44387
Doobes

Postby Sirius » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:07 am

dendwaler wrote:It does not work for me ,giving me the error message Python script fails, look into the console
Is it perhaps because i have several objects with an "non existing pagenumber" I have those for things that are not ready for export yet, for example : PyPRP can't export objects that are not textured.
Ah, indeed, I totally forgot those ! Sorry.

Let's tweak it a bit... Here !
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=w0TCAECs
Do the same as before, and it should work. If the page_num is not in the list, it will simply disable the "Plasma Object" checkbox (if the object has a valid page_num property, this checkbox will be toggled on).

Hopefully that pastebin thing is working. I did not put the code directly into this post, because the [ code ] tag adds an extra level of indentation to the code, which will mess up Blender (I tried using [ quote ] instead, but it removes all indentation). This is plain idiocy :x

By the way, when Blender says "look into the console", it actually means the new window you can toggle with Window→Toggle System Console. What you actually opened was the interactive console, which contains no error message (I know, it's misleading ;) ).

Deledrius wrote:If only Blender had a YAML module installed by default, we could avoid any manual entry at all:
(At first I was surprised to think it was a default module, but I realized I only had YAML in mine because I had tried your PyPRP update)
Yeah. I preferred not using YAML for this reason. Actually I don't even have YAML anymore, since I had to download a 32 bits version of Blender, and I installed YAML on the 64 version.

Doobes wrote:Time to update and create some tutorials. :D
Good job ! If it weren't for you, we would probably all be clueless about how to use it :D
Sirius

Postby dendwaler » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:48 am

Ok Sirius,

It's converted! :D

I will continue trying to get this to work into 2.74!

Thx.

You can post the code like this:
(after pasting the code uncomment it 1 time)

Code: Select all
#import bpy
#
## put your pages with their number here
#pages = {
#    1: "your first page name here", # <-- you want to modify this
#    2: "your second page name here", # <-- you want to modify this
#    }
#
## this copies game properties into page attribute for Plasma Objects
#for obj in bpy.context.scene.objects:
#    for prop in obj.game.properties:
#        if prop.name == "page_num":
#            i = int(prop.value)
#            try:
#                obj.plasma_object.page = pages[i]
#                obj.plasma_object.enabled = True
#            except:
#                obj.plasma_object.enabled = False
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Karkadann » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:26 am

@ Adam
I never found an easy way to turn particle systems on and off in Max/Plasma,
would their be a way to do this in future versions of Korman?
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Nev'yn wrote:what are the conventions regarding software to release the Korman verison labeled 1.0?

I'm waiting until the plugin is mature enough that I don't have to run a bulldozer through parts of it between each release (ie change a lot of stuff). About three bulldozers had fun between 0.01 and 0.02 ;).

Sirius wrote:My Age now exports without any problem, but I had to completely delete the biggest object - it caused Uru to crash at 3/4 of the loading bar (maybe it's because it used too many vertices ? Doesn't Korman check for objects that are too big ?).
So, I deleted that object, but now Uru crashes at the beginning of the loading bar. I had a quick look in the PRP, and I see it's missing the whole DrawableSpan ! :shock: DrawInterfaces are here, but they point to a nonexistant object, which Uru obviously hates.
Any idea what might be causing this ? My objects use only a single material with no texture or lightmap, and I am using two different pages (Uru loads the second page fine, but it only contains a single collider). Don't know if it helps :? I'll have a look later at removing some objects to see if there is an offending one...

Interesting... Usually, when I saw objects being deleted from PRPs, they were actually in the PRP, just invalid. When PRPShop would read them back in, bad things would happen and they would be deleted. Korman should definitely be checking that the mesh is not too big... I wonder what's going on here. Does it still happen if you delete the other meshes aside from the problematic mesh? If so, I'd be curious to see the resulting PRP.

Karkadann wrote:@ Adam
I never found an easy way to turn particle systems on and off in Max/Plasma,
would their be a way to do this in future versions of Korman?

You should be able to control particle systems in Max by using the "Play Animation" responder command. IIRC that's how the pod bahro symbols work.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Sirius » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:34 pm

dendwaler wrote:You can post the code like this:
(after pasting the code uncomment it 1 time)
Yeah, but manually deleting stuff in front of each line is as annoying as having to de-indent the text :(
I really don't understand why the [ code ] tag formats its content. The whole point is being able to share unformatted text, so that anyone (coder or not) can use it without having to re-check everything in it :roll: Anyway...

Tsar Hoikas wrote:Interesting... Usually, when I saw objects being deleted from PRPs, they were actually in the PRP, just invalid. When PRPShop would read them back in, bad things would happen and they would be deleted. Korman should definitely be checking that the mesh is not too big... I wonder what's going on here. Does it still happen if you delete the other meshes aside from the problematic mesh? If so, I'd be curious to see the resulting PRP.
Oh, so the object is there, but PRPShop refuses to show it because it's invalid ? Interesting...
I'll test things further later, and report the result.
Sirius

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Sirius wrote:Oh, so the object is there, but PRPShop refuses to show it because it's invalid ? Interesting...
I'll test things further later, and report the result.

I'm fairly certain that's what's happening... I had a similar issue when I had ATCAnims whose controllers didn't know what kind of keyframes it contained ;)
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby dendwaler » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:35 pm

Yeah, but manually deleting stuff in front of each line is as annoying as having to de-indent the text :(

I agree with you, but blender uncomments a selected block of code in only one keystroke!
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Sirius » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:12 am

Progress !... I managed to link to the Age without crashing ! :D

So... It seems once I deleted all UV mapping and vertex color channel from all my objects, the DrawableSpan stopped being corrupted, as it showed up in PRPShop. But whenever I bake vertex colors myself (NOT under the name "autocol", since my baking script uses another name), the DSpan disappear once more. Looks like Korman doesn't want me to use any other channel than "autocol".

Then, there was an issue with some animated object, causing another crash upon linking to the Age. The animated object did NOT have Korman's animation modifier, it was just a standard Blender f-curve. The object also had a few children object tied to it.
I had a look in the PRP, and I guess there is a slight error in the way Korman handles CoordinateInterfaces... The parent object had no CoordInterface (which is a bit annoying if it must have children objects), but worse... the children were actually parenting themselves ! Meaning Uru was loading object "A", then loading its child object "A", which had a child object "A", etc. It must explain why Uru did not show an error window when crashing.

Well, now I disabled these objects, things export correctly (but all objects end up white as they don't have vertex colors :x ). Thing is, I tried two times to regenerate vertex colors when exporting the Age, and both times Blender crashed outright... Well, I'll try to use my automated baking script to bake these before exporting, if I rename the channel to "autocol", maybe I'll avoid the issue I mentioned... :roll:

Anyway, I was wondering. How do you keep regions (which should be invisible) from being rendered by lightmaps or vcol ? Usually I just apply a material with zero alpha and raytracing disabled, but Korman hides the transparency panel in the material settings... Well, I can still use it if I switch back to Blender render, but it's not really convenient. And I'm afraid Korman will attempt to export the mesh as a visual if I apply a material to it...
Sirius

Postby Deledrius » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:29 am

I'll let Hoikas respond to the rest, since I don't know how those parts are computed.
Sirius wrote:Anyway, I was wondering. How do you keep regions (which should be invisible) from being rendered by lightmaps or vcol ? Usually I just apply a material with zero alpha and raytracing disabled, but Korman hides the transparency panel in the material settings... Well, I can still use it if I switch back to Blender render, but it's not really convenient. And I'm afraid Korman will attempt to export the mesh as a visual if I apply a material to it...

You can click on the Restrict Rendering button (the camera icon) in the object's entry in the Outliner. This hides it from the renderer, which is used for those calculations.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Guild News