Gehn.22 Live!

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Gehn.22 Live!

Postby Deledrius » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Changes in this build:
  • Add fan clothing options from MOULa.
  • Add fan translations from GULP.
  • Fix Nexus reflection.
  • Fix missing linking panels in Nexus for fan Ages.
  • Fix a rare server crash related to players linking out.
  • Fix imager static animations in the Nexus and KI.
  • Fix issue in which closing the BigKI could make the avatar stand in certain situations.
  • Fix issue in which other players would be sitting or climbing a ladder in thin air after linking in.
  • Fix jittering animations.
  • Fix many potential Net 6 issues.
  • Fix several potential game crashes.
  • Fix text x-raying in the KI.
  • Optimize game launch.
  • Remove /shout and /autoshout (all chat messages are now shouts).
  • Restore Ahyoheek functionality.
  • Hide willio subnet mask.

Of note for our international Gehn fans: we've added the fan-translations that have accumulated to date at the the Uru Localization Project. For this build, the engine is still hard-coded to support only a few of the languages that GULP provides, but if you speak one of those languages you are encouraged to play the game and look for translations which can be added or improved. Just head on over to the GULP Project site to submit your corrections!

(This update also includes an updated vcredist package, which you will be asked to authorize during the update process. This is normal.)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Re: Gehn.22 Live!

Postby Charura » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Yikes!!! My avvie is way wrong

Gehn Shard avvies: charura 10827 chickopee 142711 cannon belle 144577 char gearz 149794 teri dactyl 153077
Moul(a) Charura 55400 Chickopee 20089892 Cannon Belle 13686512 Char Gearz 706359 Teri Dactyl 12658065
Charura

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:04 pm

I saw this issue for the first time today myself and it corrected itself after restarting the client
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby CaptainQuery » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:34 pm

My buddy Rocketdog and I just did the upgrade and when we launch we are just getting a black screen. If you kill the screen with task manager, I see the user name and password screen. If I launch again, I get the black screen again but can hear the Cyan theme. Any guidance would be appreciated!
CaptainQuery

Postby zeke365 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:46 pm

same thing so it not just me
zeke365

Postby zeke365 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:04 pm

let me give a better description on what happening. When I go restart my computer I try to run the Ghen shard but takes so long to load and MOULa load faster (no I don't have 2 URU running at the same time) so I exit out make sure it out of the task manger to.
Afterwards I try again to log in and it seems that 2 Ghen shards are running at the same time. On one I hear the music but no visual then I do alt control delete and go back in it says
'Uru has experienced an error please tell developer to check log in folder.' that about what it says I hope this helps was looking forward to see all the new things on the ghen shard.

plus in the account when signing in says send failure: connection reset
zeke365

Postby Acorn » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:45 am

Ok, I've got it working on my old Win7 laptop but I can't get it working yet on my Win8 laptop.

Win7 - deleted old avvie and created new: worked well but got to the same corrupt avvie screen as Charura; forced close, restarted, this was taking way too long but I saw uru crashhandler on Task manager so cancelled that attempt; was able to go back to the same login box without a third restart and this time it worked - was able to set up my new avvie, pick up a ki and give an old avvie one of the new clothing items and save it with /saveclothing - though I seemed to crash as or just before I tried to quit (sorry, Deledrius, we were chatting when this happened).

Win8 - as I was downloading I was asked to accept a microsoft download; then saw an error message saying Uru wasn't going to work as I hadn't got MSP140.dll, but then it carried on working - presumably as the download I'd authorised got to work; got a black screen but behind it (using alt/tab) was the login box so I logged in, heard the Cyan theme tune but black screen with a small circular cursor spinning (this part had worked fine with my other laptop; I saw the intro vids OK) ; behind this black screen (alt tab) was "Uru has experienced a serious error and needs to close, please submit your log folder to the developer". Restarted computer but am getting the same problem.
Acorn

Postby Acorn » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:12 am

ooh, everyone, the Nexus has a clean floor! Deledrius has scrubbed it up very nicely. :D So many centuries of grime all washed away. ;)

I've submitted logs for my Win8 failed attempts.
Acorn

Postby Deledrius » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:41 am

Acorn wrote:ooh, everyone, the Nexus has a clean floor! Deledrius has scrubbed it up very nicely. :D So many centuries of grime all washed away. ;)

8-) There is still some chipping and wear that we can't repair without outright replacing the antique stonework, but I did the best I could in cleaning up what's there.
It's free enough of dirt now that you can actually see yourself in the gold leaf inlay! 8-)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Korovev » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:47 am

I haven’t yet done an extensive check for Italian, but so far it looks good, with some issues :)

All of the Kings’ biographies covers are missing the titles:
Show Spoiler

And a few have the wrong cover (so far: Mararon, Yableshan, the notebook in the Great Zero Observation and the one in the room looking at the Wall in Gahreesehn, with the cloth):
Show Spoiler

Hemelin has the wrong font size:
Show Spoiler

Some notes are not wrapped correctly (those texts might be preformatted, in that case translators will have to manually wrap the text):
Show Spoiler
Show Spoiler

Sharper’s journal in the Baron’s Office is in English; in fact, I think it’s missing from the GULP datafiles.

Lastly, Neighborhoods names in the Nexus are in the wrong format: “GoW(xx) Quartiere” and “<explorer>’s Quartiere”. Following the pattern in Personal Links, it should be “Quartiere GoW(xx)” and “Quartiere di <explorer>”, respectively:
Show Spoiler

Another option, that personally I’d prefer and that might work for other languages including English, would be to let go of the genitive and extend the “GoW(xx) Neighborhood” pattern to personal Hoods, i.e. “<explorer> Neighborhood” (“Quartiere <explorer>”, in Italian). I don’t know which issues that would entail, though.
Last edited by Korovev on Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Next

Return to Gehn Shard