Elodea

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Elodea

Postby Dulcamara » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:43 am

Maybe in one week it is on UAM :D
Dulcamara

Postby Acorn » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:32 am

Dulcamara wrote:Maybe in one week it is on UAM :D

Ooh, I hope so! :D
Acorn

Postby Ehren » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Dulcamara, if I can suggest something, I really think that the linking cloth should always spawn you somewhere with the corresponding cloth directly in sight. It seems confusing when I touch a save cloth but later when I use the linking cloth it puts me in a spot far away from the save cloth itself. Elodea is a big place after all!
Ehren

Postby Ainia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:10 pm

:) Ehren, I wondered about this myself when I first explored Elodea but now think Dulcamara designed the cloth behavior this way for a reason.

Since using the cloth at the link-in point will take you to the last touched cloth in the Age, newcomers using it would have their exploration spoiled a bit since they would immediately find what earlier explorers had learned the "hard way". In other words, newcomers wouldn't have to hunt for each cloth themselves. Some people might find this fun, but I expect most of us who love the Myst worlds really enjoy the thrill of discovery. ;)

I agree, this behavior is not "realistic" (in the canon-wise sense), but it does preserve the mystery and challenge for everyone.

(Obviously, this isn't an issue in the offline single-player world, but I assume Dulca wanted to design something that would work properly in both scenarios.)
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:17 am

Yes Ainia, that's exactly what I had intended.
It's always a compromise. :)
Dulcamara

Postby Annabelle » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:30 am

I like the way Dulcamara designed the linking behaviours. We avoid being spoilered. Also we don't end up in "deadend" like for example the cloth at the centre of the Gold Mine or inside the water tower in mainland. You just have to draw yourself a mental map and you'll always know where you are inside Elodea's ages when using the portal linking.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Jhon J. Jaguar » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:16 pm

Escuse me all, for all time i not have write here, but my job now have more implications.
If i have understand, there is a new version of Elodea? Because my drizzle said me there is only the version of 2014-10-21, and i have this version.
I not have understand another thing. All times i test to use the cloth link, my avatar return in the main hall. This is normal or my avatar is crazy?...HEHE :shock:
Thanks for now and shorah b'sheem to all.

PS. My third age is in progress, but need time because i am at work too with some ages of a team. Take care all. :D
Jhon J. Jaguar

Postby diafero » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:42 am

The new version is now also available on UAM.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Acorn » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:17 am

diafero wrote:The new version is now also available on UAM.

yay, thanks, diafero!
Acorn

Postby janaba » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi, everyone, I just wanted to have a quick look into the new Tunnelgang, as a bedtime candy sort of lol, and I almost really fell off and over lol ... this is not Tunnelgang anymore, have I even been visiting the right age? lol ... Wow, it looks completely different, and with many new rooms and machinery, tools and other stuff around as Annabelle also mentioned earlier ... There's a 'Narayani' puzzle, I believe that is required to be solved to proceed through a door, which I couldn't open yet, but I might be wrong, and there are some more buttons to push where I still have to figure out what will be effected by doing that ... :P

I'm impressed by what I've just seen, only that small section I've been looking into, and I wonder what surprises will be ahead, when I'll be able to proceed next time I'll continue my exploration ... One thing is for sure, as it seems, it will take 'some time' to explore all of this, and there's also something new on Elodea Mainland, as you've said ... 8-)

Ok, have fun exploring, everyone, and thank you Dulcamara ... I really wonder when and how you're doing all of that, while creating 'Alabaster' and whatnot at the same time ... Thank you, diafero, for the UAM upload ... Good night for now ... :)
janaba

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island