Myst V: Tiwah

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Myst V: Tiwah

Postby Sirius » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:10 am

No right click ? Hmmm, that's weird. Are you sure you aren't using PrpTool (or was it PrpExplorer ? Damn, I always mix these up).
Anyway, PrpShop for Windows can be downloaded from here. Look for the "PlasmaShop 3 BETA installer", it's bundled with it (up until now I used version 233, I just upgraded to version 237. Both work fine). Also, the topic here on the GoW is this one (in case you need a Linux version or some other tools. But with PlasmaShop and PRPShop you can do mostly anything).

(now that I think about it, it's one of those cases where my instructions aren't really clear, since I only mention to download PlasmaShop without giving a link or anything. My bad.)

Cskid: just checked, the latest version should allow you to replace textures, but it seems limited to the DDS format. However there are some good converters on the net, you should have no trouble finding one using google (I'm using Gimp with a DDS plugin, which works fine).
Then you just need to double-click a mipmap, and select "Import DDS".

Anyway. My apologies if my previous post was aggressive. I was a bit irritated because I spend two hours unsuccessfully trying to mix textures in Korman and they simply refused to show up correctly in Uru. (Anyone who tried making a material using more than two textures for Plasma probably knows what I'm talking about :P )
Sirius

Postby TGMChrist » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:21 pm

I can't Import the UOF. datas to PRPShop help!!! :(
TGMChrist ;)
Code: Select all
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:08 pm

@Sirius: attempting rational discourse with TGMChrist is futile. Based on my MOUL forum experiences, all this individual can appear to do is shout about wanting new stuff no matter what is actually said.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:17 pm

He is a 15 year old boy from Germany. I think he needs a step by step instructions.
But you're right rational conversations is not possiple with him. :D
Dulcamara

Postby TGMChrist » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:30 pm

Correction. I'am a Teenager not a boy a bit manly.
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

Postby Sirius » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:49 am

TGMChrist wrote:I can't Import the UOF. datas to PRPShop help!!! :(
*Sigh*... I give up.
I'm not wasting time writing 10 more lines just to get 10 more words which give me no insight on the issue.

TGMChrist wrote:I'am a Teenager not a boy a bit manly
Oh, Maker.
Seriously, I've only ever heard the "I'm not a boy, I'm a man!" phrase used by 10-years-old boys in bad Hollywood movies. You seriously need to drop it.
Being 15 is not wrong, of course. Not being an adult at 15 is also completely normal. Heck, I joined MOULA around this age, and at some points I was dumb as a stick. Some people here will remember.
But trying to act manly just by writing bad cliché lines (which barely fit a child) will get you nowhere. Either grow up, or at least try to act like a grow-up.

Of course, I'm still happy to help anyone else capable of something more developed than "It daesnt' work halpz !!!". Constructive interactions, criticism and positive feedback are what help me get over the boringness of such work. But childish behavior just reminds me real life, 10 annoying years of school with idiots, and make me really depressed. And being depressed means I can't work on tweaking Uru.

Anyway, let's move on. Bright side of things: I finally managed to overcome that complex multitexturing issue I mentioned earlier.
Meaning I now have a very fancy animated skydome ! With just a bit more work I believe I can get it to look even better than Noloben's :D
Sirius

Postby cskid13 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:41 am

@TGMChrist: If you can try to write out exactly the problem that you are having, including exactly what you did, what part went wrong, and if there are any error messages, we will be able to help you much more easily. It might take a little bit of extra work, but I am sure that if you are willing to take the time to do that, everyone here will be much more likely to help you.
cskid13

Postby Korovev » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:16 am

Maybe in German if in English is too hard.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Annabelle » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:37 pm

Sirius wrote:Heck, I joined MOULA around this age, and at some points I was dumb as a stick. Some people here will remember.

If you entered the community the same year as I did... I can assure you, any young boy can be handled :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby TGMChrist » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:35 am

I trying to put the .UOF data but PrpShop is going crashing! :(
TGMChrist ;)
A3'9ur4
TGMChrist

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion