Until URU offline - unable to login

Anything that isn't directly related to Age Creation but that might be interesting to Age developers.

Until URU offline - unable to login

Postby Annabelle » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:35 am

Hi,

I'm trying to login to Until URU offline and I always bump on this annoying message:

I have the genuine CD1 inserted in my BD/DVD writer.

I reinstalled everything from scratch yesterday (including re-download fresh patch from this forum board & following Sirius's Gahreesen Wall topic method), tried on another PC, I always end up with the message above...

I also tried with URU:CC GOG.com version also with no avail!

Do you have any idea? Why is the patch not working anymore? :? :(
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Re: Until URU offline - unable to login

Postby Sirius » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:00 am

Hmmm, it's been a while since I last did this, but I recall there was something about replacing the UU launcher (which always attempts to login to UU servers) with the Complete Chronicles one.

Ah ! Found it. You must copy the files "sp.dll" and "UruSetup.exe" from another CC install (NOT a DI install), then paste them to UU - overwrite when asked.
(original post from 2010, if needed - wow, that feels like ages ago.)
Sirius

Postby Annabelle » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Thank you Sirius :)

Call me Blondie :lol:

I did all the steps right. The game didn't want to open because I was trying to use a GOG.com copy (on both occasions). I installed both versions, it seems I then deleted the CD version and made a copy of the GOG.com version thinking it was the CD version one. Trying to use a genuine CD was worthless in that case. GOG.com doesn't work for Until URU, something is broken.

1st)
I found an old backup copy of my Until URU install. All my customisations are there which will save me time (opening certain areas to exploration can be quite time consuming as you have to go back-and-forth between game & Plasmashop to see the effect of taking some objects out...)

Nevertheless, I got the same message (1st post). Strange because if it was a backup copy it should have worked right away...

2nd)
I recopied over the 2 files mentioned by Sirius (2nd post): sp.dll and UruSetup.exe from a fresh URU:CC install

It works! Hurray for Until URU! :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Sirius » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:06 am

You're welcome :D

Although I must admit I am curious as to why you want to visit UU again.
As far as I remember, it looks a lot like CC. The only differences I can think of are the Gahreesen Wall (but we now have it on CC), slightly different physic, and a few changes with marker games.
Is there something I'm missing ? :P
Sirius

Postby Annabelle » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:29 am

2 major goodies:

1) a fully working Easter Egg:
In URU:CC, it's all broken. Yes you can ride that Zandoni but after the 1st crash... well it's back to Relto after a crash on the desktop. On Until URU, you can crash and crash and crash, all you want because you just hit the spacebar and the Zandoni is back at the start ready to depart again :) And when you are tired you just Relto out and that's it, you're back to normal ready for another journey.

2) the balcony jump:
In URU:ABM, you can have it too but try to run that program... I cannot. In URU:CC, you can also but you need to fiddle something in the code to get rid of the blockade. I prefer keeping my URU:CC intact of those kind of hack.

The City Extensions created by Chacal are also installed there. I also deleted some nasty panic link zones here & there in different ages. In fact, for the Easter Egg, I don't even have to do it, the fences are crossable in Riltagamin. It's a highly customized game that I've got finally :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Return to Off-Topic Discussion