Installing Gehn Shard on OSX

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Re: Installing Gehn Shard on OSX

Postby gebhartc » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:13 am

How do I update Winetricks? I tried hitting the "Update Winetricks" button but it keeps saying that the connection to the website failed. Is there a way to do it manually?
gebhartc

Postby boblishman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:29 am

see Korovev's last post:

* From Advanced > Tools click Winetricks, then on the lower left click Update Winetricks; you should now have vcrun2015 available to install, in the dlls folder

(sometimes the website is down ... just try later. It was working again when I just tried)
when it comes to Age creation ... "DOH" seems to be my middle name...
boblishman

Postby Deledrius » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:07 pm

Semi-good news: Although updating my existing Wineskin produced the same errors as before, creating a new one (Wrapper v2.6.2, Wine Engine v1.8-rc3) allowed me to successfully start the launcher and open the game... which then crashes. The main hurdle might be over; if someone more experienced with this can figure out what's missing it might be worth a try again.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Korovev » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:56 am

I get as far as the EULA; when I click Accept, I get the “URU has experienced a serious error and needs to close” alert, then I have to close all Wine processes forcefully.

These are the errors I get:

Show Spoiler
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby boblishman » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Built a new wrapper (2.6.2) with latest engine 1.8 (not 1.8-rc3), updated winetricks, installed vcrun 2015 (and 2013), copied into the wrapper the old Ghen Shard folder (from last working install) and ran the launcher.

Launcher ran, it asked to install PhysX (which installed without a problem) ... it then updated some game files and then I finally got the login screen.

Logged in, got EULA and .... black screen ... 10 secs later ... a Ghen Shard "Uru has experienced a serious error. Please submit your logs to the developers" window.

The entire wineskin crash log is below ... not sure how important the
"err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution."
message is (or even wtf it means :? )

I also have no idea if anyone here is doing anything with the (windows) logs ... or where they will be in the (windows) install. I am happy to find them and submit if it may help us poor Mac users get back into Ghen. Please advise.

This feels SO close to getting this working again .... under MacOSX (El Capitan 10.11.2).... it almost hurts ... well....it DOES hurt :cry:

Show Spoiler
boblishman

Postby Korovev » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:00 pm

boblishman wrote:The entire wineskin crash log is below ... not sure how important the
"err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution."
message is (or even wtf it means :? )

I also have no idea if anyone here is doing anything with the (windows) logs ... or where they will be in the (windows) install. I am happy to find them and submit if it may help us poor Mac users get back into Ghen. Please advise.

That error code should be fixed by installing secur32, and perhaps crypt32, with Winetricks.

The LastRunWine.log file you get if running the wrapper by clicking the Test Run button should have all the data from the Windows log.

BTW, I also get a “schannel: AcquireCredentialsHandle failed: SEC_E_SECPKG_NOT_FOUND (0x80090305)” error in the login window, where it usually says “Welcome to the Gehn Shard!”.
Korovev

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:27 pm

The schannel error message is unexpected but not surprising. When we moved to HTTPs, that included the server status message. It looks like WINE doesn't do the Windows SSL api so well. Oh well.

What would be most helpful to me would be if we could produce the game client's logs. Specifically, the crash.dmp file from there. Unfortunately, I do not know where those files would be located.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Korovev » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:39 am

crash.dmp is in Wrapper.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Local Settings/Application Data/Uru - Gehn Shard/Log/, along with the other logs. I’ve sent you a link in PM.
Korovev

Postby boblishman » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:06 am

OK... have installed both the secur32 and the crypt32 .... but same problem :cry:

I have upload the crash.dmp file to my webspace and you can download it from here
(If you need any of the other log files, just let me know)
boblishman

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:28 am

On a first glance, here are my thoughts: :shock: :?

I don't really understand why what's broken is broken. We've not changed anything there, so it's probably more fallout from upgrading the runtime. :| Maybe Deledrius will have some ideas.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

PreviousNext

Return to Gehn Shard