WIP Age preview !

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

WIP Age preview !

Postby Sirius » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:53 am

Hey everybody. Here is a small preview teaser of my work-in-progress Age for you. Because, you know, Christmas time, etc :D

Image ← Click the image !

It's all in-game Uru recording (well, most of it :) ). Still needs a lot of work, but maybe someday it will be a fully functional Age for you to explore ! You know how these things go: patience is the key.

The video was made by my brother, who did a great job of putting together all the clips and choosing the soundtrack to go with it. He's also the one who's been bugging me about making a trailer in the first place, so huge thanks to him !

We both hope you enjoy it ! Feel free to post any remark or suggestion you have - this always helps to improve and gives me motivation to keep going !
Sirius

Re: WIP Age preview !

Postby janaba » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:12 am

Wow!!! Sirius!!! What is that??? ... :P

This looks like a trailer for a blockbuster movie!!! ... This is just absolutely fascinating, captivating and intriguing ... The awesome voice, the soundtracks and of course the impressive scenery and interesting story being hinted at, and to think of that being even realized in the old honorable Uru environment ... really, very impressive ... 8-)

Kudos and congratulations to you, Sirius and your awesome brother, who put this all together exquisitely, and thanks for sharing this with us, what a wonderful surprise ... :)
janaba

Postby cskid13 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:09 pm

That's incredible. Please make it a goal to finish it, even if it takes 10 years.
cskid13

Postby Chuckles58 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:06 pm

That's serious age building Sirius. I look forward to this when you are ready with it. When my small Age Building vision is measured with something like this, it lets me know I have a long way to go, as I only have vision, no age building skills.
Image<----Click for info
Chuckles58

Postby normhoffman » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:21 am

Awesome Trailer Sirius!!!!
May you be granted the opportunity to finish!!
I am looking forward to playing and enjoying your creation.
normhoffman

Postby Dulcamara » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:27 am

Hi Sirius
I am overwhelmed. This is just unbelievable. :o :o :o :o
Impressive video, voice with goosebumps. :shock: I looooooooooooove it :lol:
I hope that we may someday explore this wonderful age.

Thanks to you and your brother for sharing :)
Dulcamara

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:44 am

Wow c'est vraiment superbe ! Félicitations !

All the objects are well-built. You pay close attention to details. It looks like we will be in for a remarkable, almost realistic, journey over there.

I'm still wondering how we will be able to explore that world one day though... It's like a world suspended in mid-air with a lot of vehicles, wheels, mechanics to manoeuvre to move ourselves around. I know there's a sequence from Doctor Who because we see human hands for a split second so it might just be a part of the montage from your brother and we might not get to actually play with mechanical parts. I can't wait to see the final product!

Merci à vous deux :D
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Sirius » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:18 am

I'm delighted to read your replies, thanks a lot to all of you ! :D

janaba wrote:This looks like a trailer for a blockbuster movie!!! ... This is just absolutely fascinating, captivating and intriguing ... The awesome voice, the soundtracks and of course the impressive scenery and interesting story being hinted at, and to think of that being even realized in the old honorable Uru environment ... really, very impressive ... 8-)
As Annabelle says, the narration and music comes from Dr Who, and indeed it fits really well the video IMHO. Although the story will deal in slightly different matters... (yep, I have some nice ideas for the story, but it relies on features I'm not sure Uru can handle. As for the story itself, well.... spoilers ! :D )
(By the way Janaba, thank you for hosting some D'ni fonts on Mediafire - we used them for text in the video)

cskid13, normhoffman and Dulcamara wrote:That's incredible. Please make it a goal to finish it, even if it takes 10 years.

May you be granted the opportunity to finish!!
I am looking forward to playing and enjoying your creation.

I hope that we may someday explore this wonderful age.
I genuinely hope I can finish it in less time than 10 years 8-) (or at least get an explorable version before then, which shouldn't be too complicated :) ) Fortunately right now I'm progressing much faster than I did a while ago.

Annabelle wrote:I'm still wondering how we will be able to explore that world one day though... It's like a world suspended in mid-air with a lot of vehicles, wheels, mechanics to manoeuvre to move ourselves around.
I don't have puzzles yet since there isn't much to power or unlock, but all in good time 8-)
Since the walkable area is a few hundred meters high, I think it's reasonable to expect a ride or two. Unless you guys prefer very long ladders ? :D
Sirius

Return to Building