The Cathedral Released!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

The Cathedral Released!

Postby dendwaler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:34 am

Hello all,
I am proud to announce " the Cathedral" as Released!

It has been hard work for a long, long time.
But finally .....here it is, .....and i hope you will enjoy it.
Please post your comments and findings in this thread.

The age is mainly intended for offline use.
It will need a decent video card to play it , it was build using an
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, so any video card with equally or better specs , will do.

I advise you to play it as intended and don't use flymode!
Not only because it breaks the immersion, but because you may trigger what is not yet ment to be triggered
The Interaction can alter the state of some settings in a way that it will ruin the gameplay.

The download is packed in 7Z format.
if you don't have 7-Zip , you can download it here:
http://www.7-zip.org/

Unpack it , the files will extract in a folder.
Inside the folder are some subfolders .
You can merge these folders with your excisting URU off-line installation.
You can reach " The Cathedral" from the Nexus or use the /link Cathedral command from your Relto.
Its assumed that you have the latest offline KI version 3.9 installed .
More info on the wiki.
https://guildofwriters.org/wiki/Offline_KI

I hope you will have as much fun in playing, as i had during building "The Cathedral"

denDwaler

Here is the download for "The Cathedral" :D :D :D

Latest version, updated on 160307

https://dendwaler.stackstorage.com/index.php/s/h0ePaUCab7eu39O
Last edited by dendwaler on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Re: The Cathedral Released!

Postby janaba » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:31 am

Wow!!! What a great moment ... now you can rest for a while, dendwaler (if you can lol) ... :P

I've downloaded it and will go through and explore this extraordinary age or world slowly and attentively, and when I'll get stuck I'll look resp. ask for advice here ... 8-)

What an accomplishment and what a mighty project this has been, let's see how it is received by all and if you'll some day can resp. want to make it multiplayer compatible to be integrated into a shard ... Congratulations! however and thank you for now ... :)
janaba

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 am

I had no problems with the game and my Video card has lower specs than yours
Here are my system Specs and System Information

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

System Manufacturer: Alienware M18xR1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) I7-2960XM CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs)
System Memory: 32768MB RAM

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M - Dual SLI
Display Memory: 4047 MB each

Disk Drive: C:
Total Space: 1907.6 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: Intel Raid 0 Volume SCSI SSHD Dual 1TB Seagate ST1000LM014

Display: Toshiba 58L9300 4K Ultra HD

Audio System: Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 HD Sound
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby Acorn » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:46 am

Congratulations!

dendwaler wrote:

You can merge these folders with your excisting URU off-line installation.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what this means. :oops: I do have the offline Ki. Will The Cathedral be available via UAM? If so, I might play safe and wait for the hard work to be done for me! But I'll be waiting impatiently for it! :)
Acorn

Postby dendwaler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:01 am

@acorn,
If you are not sure and want to be completely safe but will give it a try, then first copy your existing installation file/folder to a random other place or drive.
Then look into the new copy, you will notice a folder named " dat"
Unpack the 7 zip file you downloaded.
inside is also a folder named " dat"
copy all files inside that "dat " folder to the equally named " dat" folder of the installation.

Do the same with the other directories you find in the 7 zip file.
Now run uru from you r new copy.

This whole operation can be done simpler but this way it will give you a " safe" feeling" because you can always return to you former installation which can still run.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby janaba » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:04 am

Acorn wrote:Congratulations!
dendwaler wrote:You can merge these folders with your excisting URU off-line installation.
I'm afraid I'm not sure what this means. :oops:

Acorn, this means that you just have to copy and paste the folders in the archive, the dat, Python, SDL and sfx folders, just as they are, into your offline Uru installation directory, where those same folders are located (and are then being merged, say yes to overwrite them), means copy them here --> ... "(your resp. drive) ...\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst" ... It looks like this on my harddrive e.g. -->"M:\DRIZZLE\TPOTS Offline\Ubi Soft\Cyan Worlds\Uru - Ages Beyond Myst", copy those Cathedral folders into the 'Uru - Ages Beyond Myst' folder ... Enjoy ... :)
janaba

Postby Emor D'ni Lap » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:19 am

Dendwaler, I've only begun to explore this place, but I wanted to offer you my extreme compliments on your precise modeling, your beautiful choices (or creations) of textures, and especially the care and attention you have given to your UV work.
Thank you for learning, and persevering to see your project through to completion, and for sharing with the Myst/URU community. I'm going to explore slowly, so as to get the most of your efforts!

And thanks for this great work of art! :D

(my only wish would be that, at some point in the future, you could apply more work on shadowing/lighting, using shadowmapping and/or vertex shading)
Emor D'ni Lap

Postby dendwaler » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:33 am

(my only wish would be that, at some point in the future, you could apply more work on shadowing/lighting, using shadowmapping and/or vertex shading) [/quote]

First thx for your compliments Palindr'ome!
Concerning your note....

Lightning in uru is very difficult and is far easier to do in another gameengine like unreal.

By the time i started with the cathedral i had to learn everything because i started learning modelling and texturing after i retired from work.
May be i am able to forfill what you suggested , but the development of the cathedral was already to far to implement that
The last half year or so, i had to learn the scripting and now i wanted to release the age, because i have more to do on my wishlist. :D

dendwaler

Postby Dulcamara » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:05 am

dendwaler write: "By the time i started with the cathedral i had to learn everything because i started learning modelling and texturing after i retired from work."

So much to learn in this short time, that is admirable. Without teachers only tutorials. Not every student has as much stamina.

I congratulate you once again on his magnificent work. :!: :!: :!:
Dulcamara

Postby Deledrius » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:44 pm

I just finished, after taking it in installments over the last couple of days. That was an impressive Age, denDwaler. Thank you for releasing this for us to enjoy! :P
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Next

Return to Building