The Cathedral Released!

If you feel like you're up to the challenge of building your own Ages in Blender or 3ds Max, this is the place for you!

Re: The Cathedral Released!

Postby Wamduskasapa » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:45 am

dendwaler wrote:The pak file is changed, this should be ok now.
It does not longer contain the xsimpleimager.py file and the other files do comply to the naming convention.

I packed a new version which makes use of the new pak file.
Furthermore I also repaired a texture in one of the towers.

The first announcement post is edited and the link refers to the new build now.
The old build is not longer available for download.

Excellent

Looks and runs Great

Thank you for all of your hard work, This Age is a true and excellent example of The Age Creation Art
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby JanB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:51 am

Great! I have made a new run too. :)
and it runs well! :P
JanB

Postby janaba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:00 am

Hi, dendwaler, hi, everyone ... :P

I've been exploring 'The Cathedral' last weekend, and, of course, I'm very impressed ... What an incredible journey, and even guided by Yeesha herself!!! It was as such a wonderful conclusion to my whole amazing URU Live experience, yes, you've read that right lol ... This has been my last journey in URU ... Last week, when I've had no internet connection I suddenly just felt it clearly, now's the time, I'm done with it, I felt it in a very positive and grateful way ... just wonderful and liberating ... I'm wholeheartedly wishing you all the very very best for the magical fulfillment of all of your wishes and desires and your visions for your lives ... Take good care, everyone, and thanks for this long and fantastic ride with all of you ... :)
janaba

Postby Acorn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:11 am

awwww, janaba, we'll miss you! :(
Acorn

Postby Sirius » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:36 am

Janaba wrote:This has been my last journey in URU ... Last week, when I've had no internet connection I suddenly just felt it clearly, now's the time, I'm done with it, I felt it in a very positive and grateful way ... just wonderful and liberating ... I'm wholeheartedly wishing you all the very very best for the magical fulfillment of all of your wishes and desires and your visions for your lives ... Take good care, everyone, and thanks for this long and fantastic ride with all of you ... :)

Well...

I will miss you greatly Janaba. You are truly an outstanding person. I've always enjoyed reading your posts on these forums, and your never-failing good mood always impressed and delighted me.
After so long a time and such dedication to these forums, I can say you really deserve all our best wishes. I'm sure many will agree with me when I say THANK YOU JANABA, it was an outstanding time with you !!! :D
Sirius

Postby dendwaler » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:02 am

I can only agree with Sirius.
It comes suddenly but not unexpected, you earlier refused my invite to betatest the Cathedral and only wanted to explore the end product.
That was a sign, a clear sign that slowly the end of your exploration days were written.
I hope that the Cathedral gives you a good memoration of how Fan created ages can be.
May be we will meet again somewhere, sometime.
One can never be sure, i probably won't stick either for always on URU age development.
The main reason is that the engine becomes outdated and i want to switch to unreal.
Not now, i still have to do (read finish) two more age's.
But when that is done, we will be two or three years further....

With whole my heart , I wish you all the best Janaba, ... and you my dear ,are the only one from who i accept to brutaly HIJACK this thread for which i worked so hard the last 4 Years.
:D
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby Wamduskasapa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:19 am

Janaba - I agree with Sirius and dendWaller and there is not much that I am able to add to what was said,

Just that You Will Be Missed...
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby janaba » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Ooooh, wow, thank you, everyone, for your kindness and those wonderful words of appreciation!!! ... and thank you, dendwaler, for generously accepting this occurrence and derailment to unfold, but believe it or not, I really didn't intend and expect this to happen ... I just saw this as an opportunity to mention my decision instead of opening a separate 'farewell thread' or just silently vanishing into thin air ... :P

So, I now gratefully send some more best wishes, hugs and kisses, blessings, love and light to all of you wonderful friends, and with that let's get back on topic in appreciation of certainly one of the greatest fan ages ever created ... :)
janaba

Postby Karkadann » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:07 am

You know your always welcome here janaba
Until then
TaTaForNow
The Optimist see's the glass half full, The Pessimist see's the glass half empty.
Its the Realist who see's the glass is half full with air, half full with water
Karkadann

Postby Korovev » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:35 am

You will be missed, but good luck with your next adventures!

What a long, strange trip it must have been ;)
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

PreviousNext

Return to Building