Fahets Released

General debates and discussion about the Guild of Writers and Age creation

Re: Fahets Released

Postby Nadnerb » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:33 pm

You also need to be sure that none of the white in your texture touches the edge of the image... because ripple textures seem to be forced to clamp by plasma.
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby D'Lanor » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:09 am

Nadnerb wrote:You also need to be sure that none of the white in your texture touches the edge of the image... because ripple textures seem to be forced to clamp by plasma.

Is that what causes the waveset to light up like crazy when the avatar approaches it from the edge?
"It is in self-limitation that a master first shows himself." - Goethe
D'Lanor

Postby Nadnerb » Wed May 12, 2010 7:26 pm

Well, the reason for that, I think, is that your avatar will create ripples on your waveset even when you aren't actually standing in it... so you can create ripples from a (small) distance. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "light up like crazy".
Live KI: 34914 MOULa KI: 23247 Gehn KI: 11588 Available Ages: TunnelDemo3, BoxAge, Odema
Nadnerb

Postby Tweek » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:41 am

Figure I'd also share a picture of Fahets (taken in Blender). I've redesigned Fahets a good 9 or 10 times at this juncture, I've never had such a problem with an Age before. The biggest complaint about Fahets was the lack of things to do, so I started designing new versions with more to explore, puzzles to solve and what not. But in the end it felt forced like there were puzzles for the sake of puzzles and that doesn't interest me at all. If there are puzzles it needs to feel natural not bolted on for the sake of something to do.

So Fahets has been largely reverted back to its origin. I started again with the base (the basin) and worked out from there. The large stone columns remain as they are a story element to the Age but I've gone back to a more forest/jungle/swampish environment. I've also factored in the changes to the landscape (due to the Age having stability issues after it was Written) in a more natural way (the basin has changed quite a bit whilst still remaining recognizable to its former self).

I've also been expanding the lore and scope of Fahets in general which can be seen in the below map which shows the entire Age.

As noted on the map, it shows the location of Fahets as well as 2 other areas that are to be included (The Cove and the Crimson Vale). Not sure if they'll be released at the same time or show up later.
Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby janaba » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:35 am

The Fahets archipelago ... awesome!!! ... :P

As for Fahets itself, no, there doesn't have to be sth to do in every age, not at all ... Fahets is such a special contemplative one, it looks and feels just beautiful and relaxing, esp. right now, one can almost feel the wind blowing through and around the tree and the columns and hear the rippling of the water ... wonderful, thanks for sharing, Tweek ... :)
janaba

Postby Ainia » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Shorah Tweek,

How wonderful to hear you are working Fahets! I do hope this means I will be able to see a Grass Shark for myself one day. :D
ImageImage
Ainia

Postby Tweek » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:37 pm

I had been making a fair amount of progress before Christmas on Fahets, but some data loss put the breaks on development for a while. However I managed to recently regain all of my previously "lost" data and work can continue. So I figured I'd share some progress once again.

Here you can see the familiar basin area of the Age which has been improved considerably.

Random section of the Age. Still haven't finished "planting" all the wildlife (of which there is many).

When I developed the map for the Age I started expanding the lore for the place, and in doing so the Age became inhabited with a native population (which players may or may not see at some point).
Anyway I developed a language and alphabet to go with this population (which I later discovered looks very similar to the Ancient language from Stargate SG1/Atlantis).

During the data loss I had lost the PSD for the map so I remade it, the new version turned out so much better plus I had developed the language at this point so it was added to the map. Doshad is the name of the Age given by the natives, it literally translates as "Moon".

Rough map tracking the migration of the native population over thousands of years from their origin source to where they are roughly now (not noted down here is various events that have killed off some groupings such as fights, environmental issues etc). Yep I went that detailed >.>

The map only depicts part of the Age (the moon that the Age is on is roughly 6000 miles in circumference at the equator (extremely dense core making up the stronger gravitational forces so that they are roughly equal to the earth...bit of hand waving probably needs to go on here >.>). There is for example a north and south pole landmass and landmass on the opposite side of the Age (which may or may not be investigated in the future).

Some concept sketches for a temple on the island of Doshad as well as some notes on culture/religious belief.

Beneath - IC Blog.
Beneath: Ages of Tweek - FB Age Dev Page.
Tweek

Postby Acorn » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:30 pm

wow! :D
Acorn

Postby C.J.Herkeless » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Stunning, Tweek, absolutely stunning...

Thank you for sharing it all!
C.J.Herkeless

Postby Dulcamara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:00 am

I am absolutely delighted by what you have created. It looks very professional.
Cant wait. :)
Dulcamara

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion