Cathedral

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Cathedral

Postby TrapperDave » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Just to say I find this new age interesting! Textures are great & well done! Just starting into it, i am through one big wooden door, and the 4 upper balconies through steel grates, rang some bells, saw yeesha there in a hologram. Only been there since yesterday not for long, but I can see it's a big age. Think I touched 5 clothes ( think 7 are needed). Lot's of surprises, have not looked in all the drawers yet LOL Lots of space for a gathering, many seats & pews to sit on! I think the game play will be great with a story line! Hope I don't end up in the twilight zone though? Kudos to the creator of this Age !! (offhand forget the name, sorry). Recommend visiting this Age to all! Lot's of skydiving to be had, I think. Excellent!!!
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
Lost somewhere in Elsewhere for a long time
TrapperDave

Re: Cathedral

Postby dendwaler » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:55 am

Hi traperdave,
Thank you for commenting.
If i read well between the lines, i think you played on line and came into a partly solved area.
Thats annoying for a newcommer and why i advised to play the offline version first , a few times already.
Or if no one else is online, first do a /!resetage command.
Show Spoiler
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby TrapperDave » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 am

Thank You dendwaler :) I will take your suggestion & play it offline. I did play online. I went in last night & reset the Age. First thing was I could not go through the big wooden door. It did not remember me? So I went to the Door Knocker & could not touch it? It was not working, so I went back to the note in the drawer thinking I needed to touch it.
The note in the drawer does not stay up long enough to read it (buggy), read a few lines & pops back down, after several touches I read the whole note. Is this normal that the
Door Knocker pic is not activated until I do something beforehand? I will start over offline & go through the game. I have previewed a lot of it :) The nexus & rooms in the lower area look very interesting! Linked back up to the bell room & played some bells again. ha hah Thanks dendwaler!
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
TrapperDave

Postby dendwaler » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:42 am

I am aware of the reading time problem, i have not found a good solution for it because the area does behave completely different if you play it in first or in third person view. On the particular spot third person gives you far more reading time.

Ps
One major difference with the ages made bye cyan is that i combined a partly lineair game play with areas that are non lineair.
Now if a lineair part is solved by a former player, the newcomer misses a cycle needed for solving the age as intended.
But he does not know that and does not notice that.
But it ruins the gameplay and gives lots of misunderstanding.
I realy regret that, but cant help it that many players start on line instead of off line.
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby TrapperDave » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:50 am

dendwaler your Cathedral Age is a big hit!!! Many playing it online, the word is out. Checked this morning and there were 4 active players online.
All the buttons are up and peeps just running randomly through your Age :) You are right about 3rd person reading the book in drawer, it's not that bad :)
Trying to solve it offline as you suggested. There are now pics on FB, I'll refrain from posting pics as of yet :) Because I am not sure what is " Spoilers" yet
until I go through it all haha
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
TrapperDave

Postby Jeffrey » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:16 pm

Ok I managed to get into all the room, find all cloths and get to the gong room. Am I missing something on what ones to play?
Jeffrey

Postby Wamduskasapa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Minor Spoiler:
Show Spoiler

Definite Spoiler
Show Spoiler

Extreme Spoiler
Show Spoiler
Computer = MotherBoard MSI X99S GAMING 7 - Intel I7-6950X
Dual MSI GeForce GTX 1080
64GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 Predator Memory
Dual Samsung 1TB SSD Pro - Dual Seagate 4TB SSHD
Excelvan 5.25" Multi-Function Media Dashboard
Wamduskasapa

Postby JanB » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:22 am

Show Spoiler
JanB

Postby TrapperDave » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:13 pm

:) Look up a lot, especially above the doors.
I have noticed one thing that puzzles me? With the same progress online & offline. Offline I can easily jump over the barricades up through a certain Iron Gate.
Online, I can jump on top of the barricades to wood plank, but it will not let me pass through?
Why the difference between offline and online? This is true for not cheating (flymode), just regular R/J, W/J ?
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
TrapperDave

Postby TrapperDave » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 pm

Looks to me like Wamduskasapa & JanB have completed this Age? LOL
I have not done so yet ha hah
TrapperDave Ki #00151142
TrapperDave

Next

Return to Deep Island