Change language

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Change language

Postby 4runner » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:34 am

How do I change the language in the game.
4runner

Re: Change language

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:31 pm

The language selection is available on the login dialog when you first launch Gehn:

Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby 4runner » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:49 am

Thanks
4runner

Postby Hermanix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:34 am

I found in dat folder that there is for instance file: ACAFinnish.loc. So there are some Finnish tranlations, but I cannot use them anywhere. How Ican change that option, in start window there is not Finnish language.
Thanx for ansvers Hermanix
Hermanix

Postby Deledrius » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Unfortunately, GULP appears to be down right now, but I don't believe the Finnish translation is very complete. You can try playing the game using it anyway by editing the general.ini file found in your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru - Gehn Shard\Init folder and modifying the command App.SetLanguage's argument to Finnish. The game should use English as a fallback wherever a translation is not provided.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Hermanix » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Deledrius wrote:Unfortunately, GULP appears to be down right now, but I don't believe the Finnish translation is very complete. You can try playing the game using it anyway by editing the general.ini file found in your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru - Gehn Shard\Init folder and modifying the command App.SetLanguage's argument to Finnish. The game should use English as a fallback wherever a translation is not provided.

Oh yah! I know that the finnish lang is very very uncompleted, but that is very intresting to try it anymore! Thanks for guiding!
Hermanix
Hermanix

Postby Korovev » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Deledrius wrote:You can try playing the game using it anyway by editing the general.ini file found in your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uru - Gehn Shard\Init folder and modifying the command App.SetLanguage's argument to Finnish. The game should use English as a fallback wherever a translation is not provided.

It doesn’t work, because the Launcher replaces anything not in the Language menu with English, overwriting the .ini file.
Deep Island #194197, MOULa #46116, Gehn #137074, Minkata #132812.
Gahreesenomee biv keneet pishoeet b’set!
My macOS wrappers, Fan Age Expeditions, tools and other stuff.
Korovev

Postby Deledrius » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:27 am

Thanks for that note, Korovev. That's what I get for testing in my usual manner which bypasses the Launcher; I don't see this behavior. I think I'll consider this a bug, but sadly it's probably not bound to be fixed until the (eventual) rewrite I want to do for the entire localization system to be more flexible.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Return to Gehn Shard