Need help with Cathedral.

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Need help with Cathedral.

Postby evansu1337 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:45 am

Hi! I love playing in these ages but it's so frustrating in some of them, because, admittedly, I'm not very smart and I just can't make head nor tail of Cathedral. I have been into the age several times and can always get into the main hall at the end of the nave, but there seems to be different things in the rooms. One time I could get past the barred gates and then the next time I couldn't. It seems to be random. I guess I need a little hand-holding. Could someone help me with this age please? It's glorious, what I've seen of it, but I just can't seem to make it work.

evanssu1337
evansu1337

Re: Need help with Cathedral.

Postby dendwaler » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:12 am

Hi, being the builder of the cathedral i might be able to help you.
My first advise is to play it alone and local, not on the Di shard.
If you don' t know how to do that and are dependent of playing on DI, then asure yourself that the age is fully reset before you begin.
Often other players leave the age already partly solved.
That is why its always different.
but when it is partly solved, you have also missed i porta clues tohelpyou get anyfurther.
All puzzles are with logic, clues are on painting , shapes of objects, A journeycloth tour. And short notes on some places.
The cathedral has 5 mainareas on floorlevel, 4 towers and a big cellar.
So its very very large.
next week i might have time to play the age together with you on DI.
Tell me when you are ready for it andm i willtry to be there.
i am not At home now, so from monday on i can help. :D
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby evansu1337 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:19 am

Thank you very much, Dendwaler. I should be able to have a go any time on Friday the 7th of October. I will be free all day. If you could tell me where you hale from, then I can work out the time difference. Or name a KI time.
evansu1337

Postby dendwaler » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:14 pm

7 oktober seems ok to me,
I am living in timezone UTC+1 (Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern , Rome etc)
So give me your time preference and i will see if it fits. :)
Those wonderfull Worlds are called " Ages" , because that is what it takes to build one.

Watch my latest Video Or even better..... watch the Cathedral's Complete Walkthrough made by Suleika!
dendwaler

Postby evansu1337 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:06 am

dendwaler wrote:7 oktober seems ok to me,
I am living in timezone UTC+1 (Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern , Rome etc)
So give me your time preference and i will see if it fits. :)

Any time. I don't work as I am more or less retired now, and I'm guessing you do, or am I wrong? :) so I will totally fit in with your schedule.
evansu1337

Postby dendwaler » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:48 pm

No, you guessed wrong , i also am retired, !
I started learning agebuilding as a hobby after my retirement. :D
But please give a preferred time, because i do still not know in which timezone you live.
If i suggest 10 o' clock in the morning it can be 4am with 6 hours time difference. :lol:

dendwaler

Postby evansu1337 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:48 am

dendwaler wrote:No, you guessed wrong , i also am retired, !
I started learning agebuilding as a hobby after my retirement. :D
But please give a preferred time, because i do still not know in which timezone you live.
If i suggest 10 o' clock in the morning it can be 4am with 6 hours time difference. :lol:

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to give you that vital piece of information! I live in the U.K. Also, I have just realised I am not good in the mornings, because I am on rather strong tablets which knock me sideways until about midday, so what if I say 2pm my time which would be 3pm your time? Would that be okay? :)
evansu1337

Postby dendwaler » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:35 am

Thats Ok , but then i will have only 1 hour available,
I have to go on 4 (my time) and will be back at 5. ( we can continue by then)
I suggest 1 hour earlier, then we see how far we get and make a new appointment if neccessary.
I think 2 hours is, even if you know how to go, is not enough time to go through it. with a little chat to explain things now and then.
My guess is , it will take 3 to 4 hours for a tour.

dendwaler

Postby evansu1337 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:53 pm

dendwaler wrote:Thats Ok , but then i will have only 1 hour available,
I have to go on 4 (my time) and will be back at 5. ( we can continue by then)
I suggest 1 hour earlier, then we see how far we get and make a new appointment if neccessary.
I think 2 hours is, even if you know how to go, is not enough time to go through it. with a little chat to explain things now and then.
My guess is , it will take 3 to 4 hours for a tour.

Ah, okay. I think maybe it is a good idea if we make it 2pm your time. And also to split the tour into two parts. My attention span is not what it was. I can manage two hours, but not sure about 3 to 4 all in one go.
Shall we say next Friday at 2pm your time, then?
evansu1337

Postby dendwaler » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:40 am

Agreed, I meet you in the cathedral at 2pm West European Time.
Until then.

dendwaler

Next

Return to Deep Island