Can't quit, can't change settings, no KI

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Can't quit, can't change settings, no KI

Postby Yali » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:32 pm

So this problem keeps happening when installing DI. Neither my Relto, KI, settings or exit icons can be clicked in game. Also I can't start a new avvie since my character screen is missing components like clothing options and the "Go to Uru" button that starts you in the Cleft. I can F3 my Relto but I have to Ctr=Alt+Del to exit the game and my settings are stuck in "Go to where I click" which is hella irritating.

I'm using the Steam version of Uru CC which I moved to a separate folder before installing DI. My Uru CC disks are scratched being from over a decade ago so I had to resort to Steam.

Any idea how to fix this?
Yali

Re: Can't quit, can't change settings, no KI

Postby diafero » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:48 am

Looks like your Python is entirely broken. Did you put the game into a folder somewhere in "C:\Users"?

To see what's going on, could you start the game, exhibit problem, quit the game (Alt-F4), and then grab the file "log\Python.0.elf" and send it to me? Maybe that tells me what is going on.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Yali » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:51 pm

diafero wrote:Looks like your Python is entirely broken. Did you put the game into a folder somewhere in "C:\Users"?

To see what's going on, could you start the game, exhibit problem, quit the game (Alt-F4), and then grab the file "log\Python.0.elf" and send it to me? Maybe that tells me what is going on.

http://www.filedropper.com/python0

and the game is in my second harddrive under E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/URU CC
Yali

Postby diafero » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:21 am

You somehow have entirely broken KI files. The Python seems to be all right, but the prp files are not the ones you should have. The only explanation I have for this is that permissions are borked (or Windows is doing something strange, which is pretty much guaranteed to happen...). The prp files are in the "dat" folder, so could you check whether that folder and all the files in there are writeable? Also, could you delete all files starting with "GUI"? They should be re-downloaded.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Sirius » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:50 am

EDIT: I was about to suggest it might have something to do with the Virtual Store, but just noticed that wouldn't apply since you have the game on an external hard drive. Nevermind stupid me, carry on.
Sirius

Return to Deep Island