Elodea

Announcements and discussion regarding the Deep Island Alcugs Shard.

Moderator: diafero

Re: Elodea

Postby Annabelle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:03 pm

Count me in... :(

I can reach the first area of Alabaster but as soon as I'm touching a book, I get send back to my desktop with a "Main Branch Error". Anyway, I'm not feeling well. I hope it will get fix soon though.
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby Dulcamara » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:27 am

NOW I AM IN !!!!

I changed the graphics settings a bit and after that the log in was no longer a problem for me. :)

The Journey can begin :!:

I hope i see many explorers and hope you all have planty of fun.

Hard work is gonna get rewarded. :) :) :) :)
Dulcamara

Progress in Alabaster

Postby Moulton » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:41 pm

With my graphics and audio settings dialed down to their absolute minimum, I am able to explore Alabaster with fairly long intervals between "Access Violation" stack dumps.

So far, I know the location of three cloths.

There is one place that at first seemed to crash every time. In the structure with the Bevin-style assembly meeting room, when I climbed the tight spiral staircase to the small living quarters, touching the box on the bookshelf was twice fatal. The third time, it functioned properly.

I was on with Lauritz. I could see him, but he could not see me. In the circular corridor with the Eyes, one of the buttons was not responding for him. When I opened the door, it opened for me, but not for him. When he quit the game, I crashed out.

Other than that, I've been able to visit many areas, where I am mostly stumped by the puzzles. The twelve pedestals at the top of the island definitely has me scratching my head.
Moulton

Postby diafero » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:39 am

Elodea on UAM was unfortunately broken due to me using a too new version of 7zip... that should now be fixed. Sorry for the trouble!
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Re: Progress in Alabaster

Postby Moulton » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:52 pm

I spent some more time with Lauritz in Alabaster.

He worked out the sequence code for the 5 pedals with the Eye Symbols. Every time either of us tried it, we crashed out upon stepping on the last of the 5 pedals.

We also noticed that inability to interact with buttons was correlated to the Relto book being entirely blank.

My journal also went blank.

My working hypothesis is that the client is overloaded. I would crash, for example, when Lauritz touched the Resume Cloth as I stood behind him.
Moulton

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:04 am

Wow... Alabaster is really something! I must say, where I went is quite unbelievable. I cannot tell you much. Even if I do tell, you'll say: "Nah! It cannot be true... you're in Alabaster, you know the age with dry lands, Gira-like surroundings!"

To make it short because I really need some sleep...

If you come across an area looking alike a place on Earth (hint) (hint), follow your instinct and you'll be reaching something grandiose!

You'll be standing between 2 layers. Once on the 2nd layer, you'll be amazed! Keep going... you'll soon fall on a 3rd layer. Now you'll think, wow! Just keep following your instinct, you'll see something very amazing very deep down below. Soon, you'll yet again drop to a 4th layer. Once there, find your way back to the 3rd, the 2nd, and eventually the 1st layer! And you can circle around quite easily (at least between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th layers).

Do not ask for pictures, I have no more account to my hosting picture service and anyway, I would be spoiling the discovery!

I'll conclude on this... Now I know why we keep crashing in this age. You think it's huge, I'm telling you: "There's more!" :lol:
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby gchaser » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Wow, all I can say is Wow, and I haven't even scratched the surface from what I can tell. Dulcamara you have done it again - your skills and imagination just overwhelm me!
gchaser

Postby Annabelle » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Alabaster completed!!!

It's a game in itself! Some of the clothes are real tough to find and tougher to reach! I went everywhere from... BIG SPOILERS DO NOT READ

Show Spoiler

The rooms, the gardens are very gorgeous! I love all the large bay windows, it's very stylish. You have secret passages leading to other secret passages themselves leading to other secret passages. Alabaster is a homage of URU & Myst Series. You'll find yourselves thinking on many occasions... hmmm this place looks just like Tomahna in Myst 4 Revelation or the Cleft in URU or the old version of K'Veer found on URU Complete Chronicles.

One word of advice: when you see something that might look like a clue, take a snapshot of it. You will hate yourself if 2 hours after, you find the puzzle to solve and now you think about that clue... hidden somewhere in that maze! Because Alabaster is one big maze.

You often get to an area, you see series of buildings, and no entrance to reach them or you see a series of doors and passageways and they are all blocked.

I can't wait for Alabaster's Depth and Alabaster's Sanctuary. And with the whole improvement between Elodea (the first version of it, before improvements to Mainland & Tunnelgang) and Alabaster, I can already envisoned what will be Gallardien, the next world after Alabaster!
(/me shamelessly putting pressure on Dulcamara... :lol: )
Annabelle ;)
Annabelle

Postby diafero » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:59 am

Alabaster is now also available on UAM.
I prefer e-mails to "diafero arcor de" (after adding the at and the dot) over PMs.

"Many people's horizon is a circle with a radius of zero. They call it their point of view."

Deep Island Shard | Offline KI
diafero
Deep Island Admin

Postby Dulcamara » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:45 am

Thank you for your work

Diafero.

It works fine. :)
Dulcamara

PreviousNext

Return to Deep Island