Random Disconnects from Gehn Shard

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Random Disconnects from Gehn Shard

Postby Scott0309 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:35 pm

I've been attempting to login to the Gehn Shard to see some of the user created ages...

The problem is that about 10 - 15 minutes after I enter URU, I get a message stating that there was a network error and then it forces me to exit to the desktop. When I try to login again, the URU Launcher says the Gehn Shard is down and will continue to be down for some time (ranges from 2 hours to 2 days)

Any advice on where to go from here? Where might I find the error log files and where should I submit them?

Thanks,
- Scott
Scott0309

Re: Random Disconnects from Gehn Shard

Postby Acorn » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:04 am

Hi, Scott, you might want to post in the Gehn part of this forum. But in the following thread should be the info you need to post or share your logs.

https://forum.guildofwriters.org/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=6757&start=10

Do you think it was what you were doing that caused the whole shard to crash? (I found that using the Bahro stone from Teledahn to the Spyrooom caused the Gehn shard to crash (until Tsar Hoikas fixed it), whereas other problems just crashed my game.) Or were there other people playing at the same time as you, and maybe it was something they did?

These frequent crashes are a mystery. But the shard is online now - my signature, and those of others, can tell you whether it's offline or not. I've not found it to be offline for a week or more, so either it's a bit more stable now or the Admins have got a way of getting it back up again more quickly.
Acorn

Postby Scott0309 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks. Exactly what I needed. I'll post my updates and findings there.

Have a great adventure :)
- Scott
Scott0309

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Something is causing you to be disconnected from the shard, which causes an error in our unexpected disconnection code and brings the whole thing down. I've been trying to figure out why the server crashes in these situations for over a year but have had no luck. In the meantime, I've been keeping an eye on the shard and trying to get it restarted fairly quickly. This has been especially challenging over the last week as my home ISP is having signal issues, so my internet connection has been a crap shoot. Deledrius had to reset it tonight because I can't even get in.
Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby Acorn » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:33 am

We really appreciate your efforts! Sorry its been so challenging. :roll:
Acorn

Return to Gehn Shard