CWE Builds

Announcements and discussion regarding any projects related to Cyan Worlds' Plasma Engine including (but not limited to) CyanWorlds.com Engine, Drizzle, OfflineKI, PyPRP, and libHSPlasma.

Re: CWE Builds

Postby Locutus » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:16 am

Hey guys!

I quick question. I just updated to the latest Huru client, and my keyboard config was kinda garbled afterwards... Movement is reset to cursor keys, KI doesn't open, stuff like that.

And more notably, when I move the mouse cursor to the lower screen edge, the icons like Options, KI etc. don't appear, so I can't enter the options to configure the keyboard. All that works okay in the regular client.

I'm at a loss at the moment what might be wrong. Any ideas maybe?

EDIT: After deleting the Huru CWE directory and copying it together anew, the problem disappeared. Odd...

EDIT 2: I found out now that my Python directory was the culprit. The previous Huru I used had unpacked Python files, the new one just the "python.pak". Is there a way to unpack that in the new client, so I have access to the Python sources again? :)

EDIT 3: Got it, found the unpacked Python scripts on the GIT repository. Sorry for the fuss! ;)
Locutus

Postby Mystler » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:37 am

Glad you figured it out.
As a thumb rule: If your interface breaks and you cannot open the KI or see it at the bottom, it is likely to be a basic problem with your Python setup.

As a side-note to the other developers: I noticed the same problem, some time ago. There definitely is something broken in the internal client that makes it inable to read encrypted pak files. Unencrypted paks or raw py files are working fine and the external client can read the paks fine too, but with the internal - no chance.
Mystler

Postby Miraak » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:45 am

sorry for up this old topic but can someone fix the physx_setup download link please
Miraak

Postby Deledrius » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:43 pm

Miraak wrote:sorry for up this old topic but can someone fix the physx_setup download link please

The current link for the PhysX SDK linked to on our instruction page seems to be working fine. Maybe there was a temporary connection problem? Or did you mean something else?
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Miraak » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:45 am

for use the plclient (cwe) i need to use physx_setup (physx_setup is not the sdk installer)
i need to get the page 1 link working (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/203 ... _Setup.exe)
but looks like the link is dead
Miraak

Postby Deledrius » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:51 pm

That setup file should be available in your MOULa or Gehn's installed location.

(Dropbox recently closed down their public folders. Thanks for finding one that needs updating!)
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby Miraak » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:23 am

yeah i know there are already this file in moula folder but they not use the same version of the file so it not work (on magic world forum they said i need an other version of it but all have the same dropbox link down so i cant get it)
Miraak

Postby Tsar Hoikas » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Tsar Hoikas
Councilor of Technical Direction

Postby GorenDeBree » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:05 pm

I recently had to rebuild my primary desktop.
The heat crash was unexpected and I lost many apps and files. Thankfully I was backed up fairly recently.
I have been rebuilding my URU clients and Have run into a problem with rebuilding the CWE_918 plclient.
I know that some of the clients (such as marker editor and sky diver) no longer are viable, but I was sure the plclient was working quite recently.
In any case, I have cleared all the errors and followed the instructions from the forum pages, but I have not been able to solve what is causing the following error:

plclient.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).
Click OK to close the application.

Note: The same message appears when I launch the regular uruexplorer or urulauncher exec.
I have matched the previously working client files and all seems to be in order. I started with a new download of CWE_918 and copied the dat and sfx files and followed all instructions.
Curiosity: The plclient asks for MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll which I have not seen documented before.

Thanks for any help on this!
Goren
GorenDeBree

Postby Deledrius » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 pm

GorenDeBree wrote:Curiosity: The plclient asks for MSVCP100.dll and MSVCR100.dll which I have not seen documented before.

It's telling you exactly what's missing: the Microsoft Visual C Runtime. This should be the correct version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=5555
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Plasma Development