Also Login issues

Announcements and discussion regarding the Gehn CWE Shard.

Moderator: Gehn Shard

Also Login issues

Postby BrokenModule » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 am

Hi,

Having issues logging on to the Ghen Shard. I get the "Incorrect Password. Make Sure CAPS LOCK is not on".

So.. here's what I've done:
Registered this user back on Feb 7th. Currently the password is 16-chars, doesn't contain special characters. Logged in and out of the forum several times. Tried the client. Got the error. Logged in/out of forums... Did a few rounds back and forth like that. Copying the password into both the forum login, and the client login dialog.. just to be sure. Did see the note that said "hey, you need to log on/off here for your account to sync over".. and did see that another person had similar issue a month or two previous, and the thing had to be poked.

Decided to wait a few weeks, in case there was some account sync issue again.. and tried again last week. Same thing, logged in/out of the forum a few times. Then tried the client.. back to the forum.. and then the client.

Today. Tried the client. No love. Logged in and out of the forum maybe 2-3 times? Tried the client. Searched for other posts with login issues, found the one from the 27th. Tried the client again. Started writing this post.. tried the client again. Same thing.

On my end.. win10, pro. Avast Antivirus. Client appears to connect and check for updates without issue. Turned off firewalls on laptop.. no improvement.

I'm open for suggestions. :-)
BrokenModule

Re: Also Login issues

Postby Deledrius » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:22 pm

The max password length should currently be 16, but if you're having trouble I would recommend changing to a password of 15 characters or fewer and see if that resolves your problem.
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby BrokenModule » Fri May 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Hey.. sorry for the late reply, Deledrius.

I knocked the password down a few characters, logged out and back in to the forum (just in case), and the client let me on to the shard. :-)

Thank you for the suggestion.
BrokenModule

Postby Deledrius » Fri May 12, 2017 7:07 pm

Hooray! Glad it helped, and thanks for letting us know. :D
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby creekwriter » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:02 pm

No longer able to login to Gehn shard. Error message says my UruLauncher.exe file has been moved (has not moved) or changed (result of recent update?). How do I fix this?
creekwriter

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:47 am

That sounds like the message Windows gives if a shortcut's target program has been deleted or moved. I'd suggest downloading the current Gehn Shard installer and re-installing to correct the problem (your screenshots, avatars, etc. should not be affected).
Deledrius
Gehn Shard Admin

Postby creekwriter » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:40 pm

Thanks, all fixed.
:)
creekwriter

Postby Deledrius » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:19 pm

creekwriter wrote:Thanks, all fixed.
:)

Glad to hear it. :)